cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeWhitworth
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re first time going over the 10 gb limit

Hi I have just been charged  £ 5 by Bt for going over the 10gb limit for the 1st time . I seem to remember when I first  changed to BT being told that I would be charged if i went over the monthly useage limit but that on the first occasision I would just get a warning ?????????

can anyone confirm this before I take BT to task my usual average useage is around the 3gb p / month

Mike

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Re first time going over the 10 gb limit

I'm not sure that it's a rule that you won't be charged first time of going over your limit but I gather that the charge is usually waived if challenged. Call BT on 0800 443311 or use live chat to ask that the charge be dropped.

Link to live chat.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I think they have changed that and now you get charged if you exceed your allowance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MikeWhitworth
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the Help  I have contacted customer serices and they have refunded the £5  I have also upgraded to unlimited to prevent any further problems

regards 

Mike

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

See this link - you are now charged for any month where you exceed 10gb limit   http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

But the user should still get the warning emails:

"If you exceed your monthly usage allowance your service won’t be affected. Advisory emails will be sent if you reach 70% (28GB) and 90% (36GB) of your usage allowance each month if you’re on a 40GB limit product, or 60% (6GB) and 80% (8GB) if you’re on a 10GB limit product. The second reminder will be sent from July 2013. We’ll send a further notification if you exceed your allowance in a particular month. We will send emails to your active BT primary email address (e.g. btinternet.com) that was set up when you ordered broadband or an alternative email address that you have given us for the purpose of contacting you."

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings