cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hitechwreck
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re-joining BT Broadband. What the hell was i thinking?

Go to solution

In the last 10 years i have had a broadband change on 5 different occasions. I've opted for better pricing, or better service.

I have been with BT twice and Plusnet twice.

On both occasions Plusnet gave me an activation date, and on both occassions honoured that.

BT on two occassions gave me an activation date, and i was still waiting over two weeks both times.

No broadband!!

I have been with Plusnet for the last 18 months, and fancied a change.

'BT Broadband have BT Sport, i think i'll opt for them. They can't possibly be as bad as they were before.'

What a fool i've been.

Activation date Wednesday 15th August. 

Not a chance.

Apparently there is a fault on the line. One thats just appeared after nearly 4 years of seamless broadband connection. One's that just appeared the moment of connection to BT.

BT have told me that they may have an update on the 24th August to see if they can give me an activation date.

What is this nonsense they are telling customers?

Can i even cancel this order, or do BT have me over a barrel?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Re-joining BT Broadband. What the hell was i thinking?

Go to solution

@Hitechwreck I'm so sorry about the delay getting you connected, have you been told the order is completed and it's a line fault?

If the order is open the Order live chat team should be able to advise you whats happening. 

0 Ratings
Hitechwreck
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Ive been on the live chat every day since last wednesday.

No-one has told me anything useful. Each time i am told they are waiting for an update.

I then get a phone call telling me the exact same thing.

Apparently next friday is the next time i can get an update. 

A 3 year fault free line suddenly developing issues the moment of migration. Weird!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Hitechwreck Sorry about that please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Hitechwreck

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me this evening.

Sorry that there was a delay connecting your broadband after your landline was connected.  This was a system issue that we had to raise to a backend team to progress the order.  Sincer apologies again.  You're up and running now which is the main thing Smiley Happy

I'll go ahead and close things off from here as agreed.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings