Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markah67
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Re: misleading customers

Go to solution

I recently phoned BT to see what my options where for moving home as I was approximately 6 months into a 12 month contract for phone and broadband. I was told I could keep my existing package but would have to pay £130 for an engineer to come out as although there is a line installed it has not been active for a while. Alternatively I could take out a new package and there would be no engineer charge but this would mean a new 12 month contract. The final option was just to cancel altogether and incur the early contract closure charges. I left it at that to have a think and decide what was best to do.

When I phoned back later on that day I told them I would like the first option but only then was I made aware that this would also mean a new 12 month contract as well, which put a whole new light on my circumstances and decision. This was yet another example of poor customer service and not being consistently given the full and correct information. Are we to think that it is just pot luck that whoever we get through to may or may not give us the right information to make our decisions? By the way, the "lady" I got through to on that second call displayed by far the worst attitude and demeanour (downright rude!) that I have EVER come across from any customer call centre anywhere. I was so shocked I didn't even think to take her name. I'd be surprised if she still even works for BT if that was her normal manner!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: misleading customers

Go to solution

Hi @markah67,

I'm sorry you were given conflicting information when you called. If you take a look at Moving home with BT, you'll find some useful information regarding moving your services with BT.

There are a few frequently asked question at the bottom of that page that might help answer your question around the contract term.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings