cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Recently Re-Joined BT

First, when I log into My BT it shows my old account, and my newly linked one.

The problem being, on the new one, it doesnt show my products, have the ability to change settings, parental etc or raise faults.  It just defaults back to the old, defunct account and shows nothing on the new other than my details.

The main issue is then the phone line.  The new fibre install is fine, regarding the BB.  The phone line isn't working  (never tested by the engineer) and if you call it is says it doesn't exist (just transferred from Sky).  BT paperwork confirms the transfer of the line and phone number as requested.

Any help please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Recently Re-Joined BT

do you have FTTC or FTTP?  if latter then you must have ONT similar to this    were you moved to digital voiceONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

FTTP, much smaller new openreach white box with three ports, power, fibre in, ethernet out to router;  Router is Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

so probability is you have digital voice.  you can check by going into hub manager and see if your phone number is shown and if it is blue or greyed out   you can also check by connecting a phone to the socket on back of SH2  may need to remove sticker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Yes, i'm aware we should have digital voice but like I said, it's not working and doesnt seem to have switched across from Sky to BT;  Hub manager says not configured, greyed out on the phone symbol

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Did you manage to solve this one?

I migrated back from Sky to BT yesterday. The Broadband and Digital Voice line are now working fine - but the products don’t appear on my BT account - it defaults to a separate account for my BT Sport through EE and won’t let me choose another account.

I did raise with live chat yesterday. They couldn’t resolve and had to escalate. I haven’t heard anything further yet. Until I do, I can’t access many settings.

How did you get on?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @pog2005 

Luckily yes! It managed to right itself in the end.  Tried to call but there were massive queues so never spoke to anyone.  Culd of days later the phone was working and the account was showing up correctly as the default.

Only problem now is the absolutely **bleep** WiFi! Over 300mbps upstairs, less than 20 downstairs "Best ever hub"

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thanks. Fingers crossed that my online account sorts itself out!

It shows that I have two accounts online, but I can only see the products for the one which only has the free BT Sport. 

I’ll give it a week before I follow up with them in the hope that it sorts itself out first!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Yeah, that's what mine did;  Default to the old one with the new one there but with no details of products.

It did just right itself after a couple of days though....

0 Ratings