cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 6

Recontract And Stay On Analogue Voice

Hi, I currently pay almost £27.00 (originally £25.00) a month for 80/20. I’m pretty sure I’m eligible for BT Home Essentials, taking the price down to £20.00 a month, however as far as I’m (now) aware, that would force me onto digital voice.

I have 2 questions: first off, is there anyway to stay on analogue voice if I move to BT Essentials?

Secondly, if that is not possible, if I wait for my contract to run out, and then recontract on the same package when the price increases (again), will I be able to stay on analogue voice that way, or will I be forced onto digital voice under those circumstances as well? Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recontract And Stay On Analogue Voice

Hi @Anonymous 

you can move to home essentials and stay on analogue voice for now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

In most if not all instances of either a recontract or a new contract will be for the digital phone service if it is available in your area.

The analogue phone service is going to be "turned off" in 2025 so you will ultimately be moved over sooner or later regardless of what package you are on and it may be sooner rather than later as BT are rolling this out as quick as they can.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I've just re-contracted without any mention of DV.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@gspearson 

may possibly just be that your area is not ready for DV yet

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@gspearson wrote:

I've just re-contracted without any mention of DV.

As I said in my post "if available in your area".

0 Ratings