cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 6

Reduce Broadband package and remove BT TV Entertainment

A friend of mine wants to reduce their Broadband package to fibre essential (I think they may have superfast fibre, or superfast fibre 2).

They also want to remove their "BT TV entertainment plus" altogether, but don't want to lose their ability to record freeview etc. They don't want any of the extras like on demand, extra channels or BT sport etc

I believe they've had their BT Youview box in excess of the contract period, and hence should be fine to just stop the BT TV package.

The help page :-

bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13867

It says a new contract is probably necessary and to pick a suitable "Broadband or fibre package" to click through to a link, but that's pure nonsense. It simply doesn't do that at all, it just goes to the upgrade area (I'm testing it with my access).

The page suggests calling to cancel a service (e.g. BT TV).

It's only two items - reduce fibre to the minimum package and remove BT TV - everthing else keep.

So the question is, what's the easiest way to achieve this? All the typical online stuff only say how to upgrade. I may be answering my own question, but it looks like it needs a phone call.

What I don't want to happen is this going horribly wrong, as I will probably have to do it for my friend.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reduce Broadband package and remove BT TV Entertainment

Ring the Loyalty or Vaue team on 0800 800 150, see what deals you can get for keeping both, you'd be suprised what you can have the package reduced to.

Discuss your options and why you need to reduce the price, TV can be downgraded to still include premium content, Entertainment Plus is one of the mid tier TV subscriptions.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 6

Ring the options team directly on 0800 800 030

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 6

@pippincpwrote:

Ring the options team directly on 0800 800 030

There is no options team anymore, the customer options team or COT were changed to Value and Loyalty, value being more sales related, loyalty more retentions based although both do still deal with AOT's and home moves.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the tips folks.

To save any future similar negotiations for my friend, I feel it's best to remove the BT TV option and have their BB reduced to the lowest fibre package. So it looks like a call to the values team, and maybe they can also offer a loyalty discount as well.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Hey @Andy_N,

The Loyalty or Value teams should be able to fully help you. If you have any questions afterwards feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings