Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Redundant Accounts

Go to solution

I have three accounts on My BT: my current one starting GB, one starting ES, which was replaced by the GB one and my mother-in-law's account also ES. She died 5 years ago and her account was closed.

Is the anything I can (or should not) do to simplify this to the only usable account?

Geoff

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
JohnC2
Message 2 of 10

Re: Redundant Accounts

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson We will be happy to help you remove the accounts you no longer need if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

gspearson
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@JohnC2 Thanks, info sent.

Geoff

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson Thanks for that and one of the team should pick this up within the next 24 hrs and sort this for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Picked up - disaster! Deleted and messed up my email addresses

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

Thank you for taking my call earlier. I can see that you've successfully registered you My BT again. In order to view the emails address though your my BT you need to make sure you have the account holder status correctly set up for you My BT.

If you take a look at - What's the difference between an Account Holder and an Account Manager in My BT? it will give you the steps you need to follow to change the account holder status.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@PaddyBI wish you had told me what a torture this was going to be. Where are my subsidiary email addresses?

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

The email addresses will be all available to see once the account holder status has been claimed. 

As we've had to registered the your My BT again it can take 24 hours for everything to show correctly. Please rest assured that you won't lose access to any of your emails.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I should have had more faith - the other email addresses have returned (although there were several screens of Something has gone wrong and too many attempts locked out for 15 months - and something to do with BT Sport).

@PaddyB Thanks for fixing this.  I am usually extolling the virtues of the Forums and the Mods - and that is right.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

Thank you for posting back. I'm sorry if I had you a bit worried there Smiley Wink

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings