Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt2015
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Refund for YouView Box After Contract Termination

Hi,

I received a charge for my YouView Box on my final bill.  I sent it back as requested, but never received a refund for it.

I called the customer helpline and was told, "sorry I cannot issue a refund as you're not longer a customer and nothing can be done".

I'm sure this isn't the case.  I'd rather not go through the hassle of writing and posting letters as it would waste mine and BT's time.

I'd be grateful if one of the moderators could please help?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Refund for YouView Box After Contract Termination

You've been suckered by BT.  It was your box all along, but you just hadn't paid for it yet.  You have now paid for it, and then sent it straight back to BT for reuse/recycling.

Edit: To elaborate, under the Terms and Conditions, BT aren't lending you the box, they are selling it to you.  All the time you remain a paying customer, they will defer the payment you owe them.  If you remain a paying customer for a full year, then they will write off the cost of the box, and you can keep it for free.  If you leave within a year, they will charge you for the box, but you can still keep it, because you paid for it.

Matt2015
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

I was told I would receive a refund when I returned the box.  Looks like I'll have to, unfortunately, seek advice from ofCom.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi Matt2015,

Welcome to the forum, If you need any help with this please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings