cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smarks75
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Refund for no WiFi or phone for days??

Currently we have been with out a phone or a proper WiFi service for days and no end in sight. With communication with family and friends on zoom etc or phone making it hard work to keep in contact especially our vulnerable members of the family. So do we get a refund or a credit against our account? As can’t use it so why should we pay for it ?? Already had to spend money on a top up for my daughters phone just so she can do her home work on her phone while have a laptop for her but with no WiFi can’t use !!! All I can see it will be within 3 days and it was saying that yesterday!! My elderly in-laws need us and use our landline phone don’t like mobiles so a dead phone is no good to me!!  Times are bad enough with COVID 19 but to not have a service from BT and able to get any decent answers when it will be fixed I look forward to a refund against my bill for the inconvenience this has caused! 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Refund for no WiFi or phone for days??

@Smarks75 

Welcome to this user forum.

What date did you report the fault?

0 Ratings
Smarks75
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I was about to report it on the 29 sept as was in a zoom meeting which I was a clerk at and it kept going on the Wednesday still the same then noticed a message on the service that there was a problem so hoped with that it was being fixed. So really been with a proper service since Tuesday evening.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@Smarks75 

What date did you actually submit a fault report to BT?

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Smarks75 

Normally you would be entitled to £8 per day after the first two working days from when the fault was reported, this may change with COVID in some cases/areas. More info https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation#collapse2Standardresponsivegrid-1...

When you reported the fault did they give you any indication where the fault was located? 

SP 

0 Ratings
Smarks75
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I didn’t report it in the end as I could see that BT link for service in the area already acknowledged a problem so does this mean next time acknowledge it and get a refund of some type?? And where do you report seemed to go around in circles no phone number or email address ? 

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

@Smarks75,

Yeah, if you report the fault you will be entitled to compensation but if you don't then sadly you are not entitled to any. 

You can report a fault by calling 0800 800 151, using the online fault reporting tool or via Twitter or Facebook. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@Smarks75 wrote:

I didn’t report it in the end as I could see that BT link for service in the area already acknowledged a problem so does this mean next time acknowledge it and get a refund of some type?? And where do you report seemed to go around in circles no phone number or email address ? 

@Smarks75  The general service report is generated automatically, and is not specific to your fault, so you always need to report it, otherwise nothing will happen.

Once you report it, then its usually fixed by the end of the third working day. So if you report it today, it should be fixed by the end of next Wednesday.

https://www.bt.com/help/report-and-track-your-bt-problem

You can arrange a free divert of incoming calls, to your mobile phone, while the fault is being fixed.

0 Ratings
Smarks75
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi have done a report can’t find where to report sorry for delay decided to turn off WiFi!! Still not working!!! 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Did you phone BT 151 or 0800800151 from mobile and report your phone fault. Until you report the fault you won't start to be eligible for any compensation or get an egineer visit to fix your fault

obviously if you do not have a dial tone then internet will not work and you will not get connected to internet via the hub wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings