cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Refund issues

Wondering if anyone has ever received a refund from BT.

i am getting rather frustrated. After NUMEROUS problems activating my BT account and getting connected (I placed my order 30th November originally and didn’t get connected till mid January - with a handful of activation dates promised with texts and emails but the days kept coming and going without being activated) I finally got connected and made a complaint.

Now the reason i am so frustrated is, I explained to a dozen of BT agents that while i was waiting to be connected, i had to keep topping up my mobile data on my phone bill which got expensive. I was given credits.. one lady said “this credit can go towards a dongle so you can use the Internet without topping up your mobile data”.. another lady said “this credit can go towards your mobile bill and we are sorry for the delay in getting you connected” & the other credit was compensation for the headache and stress of having to keep phoning and being promised false dates and being spoken to very rudely by two agents.

i have been requesting my refund of £109.99 which is credited on my account for the last THREE weeks.. every 3-5days I phone BT and keep getting told different things. Today i phoned and was given an email confirmation stating i will get my refund but to be frank with you.. i don't believe them.

So is there a way to ensure i get my refund as this NEEDS to go towards my mobile phone bill which is high due to all the games BT have been playing with me. When i ask for a cheque i keep getting told they cannot do this. But after reading other forums i have seen other people have been given cheques. 

this is causing me grief and anxiety as it needs to go to my data bill. Can someone advise me or am i better off contacting the Ombudsman. I have been told my complaint will be rectified in due time. Its been three weeks or three months if I included my previous stress with ACTUALLY GETTING CONNECTED. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Refund issues

@Missmgrayson 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Missmgrayson welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you have not received your refund yet. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we will be happy to chase this up for you.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thank you. I have replied to your inbox. I hope this gets sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Any update? Was given a text confirmation of refund but was told I will get an update in regards to viewing my bill online as i am currently unable to and i havent been since signing up with BT. I hate how i have to do all the chasing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Missmgrayson,

@RobbieMac has picked this up for you. He's chasing it up for you. He'll be back in the office early tomorrow afternoon. I'll let him know that you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Ok thanks

0 Ratings