cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Regrade to full fibre mid-term

Go to solution

Does anyone know if it's possible to regrade from FTTC to FTTP mid-term? I'm due to end my Virgin Media contract in September, CityFibre have dug our road up twice in the last 3 months to put the full FTTP infrastructure in but it's not likely to be live when my VM contract ends.... so I either get tied to VM for another 18 months (on their 1.2Gbps service 0- which to be far has been almost faultless), or switch now but will be stuck on a max speed of 35Mpbs (all I can get on the current openreach cr*p) until BT roll out the full fibre in my location...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Regrade to full fibre mid-term

Go to solution

If you moved to BT FTTC then you can upgrade to FTTP whenever that becomes available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@littledavehedgehog 

Do VM not let you have a rolling 30day contract like most ISPs do?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes they do but depending on how you negotiated over the years at end of each contract it could end up being a huge price rise as all negotiated discounts would be lost.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Tim Yes they do, but it's twice the price

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Excellent, thanks for the info

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7