cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Remove closed BT Account - Online chat not useful

Go to solution

I require a closed BT account to be removed from my BT ID.  I have  used the online chat service THREE times today and have received a different response each time, with none of the solutions working.  Has anybody else expereinced similar issues - very frustrating, with what seems quite a simple action???

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Remove closed BT Account - Online chat not useful

Go to solution

Hi @High_Flying_Scot

I’ve asked a mod to come and offer some advice. It’s not something that gets asked a lot so they can offer the best advice as you want to remove an account from a BT ID.

Normally If you wish to delete your details you can get in touch with the data-protection officer by email cpo@bt.com or write to the address below and mark it for their attention.

If you’d like any more details, or you have comments or questions about our privacy policy, write to us at:

PO Box 2681

BT Centre

81 Newgate Street

London

EC1A 7AJ

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @High_Flying_Scot,

I'll be able to help you get that old account removed.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @High_Flying_Scot,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. I can confirm that I've removed your old account from your My BT. If you need anything else, please get back to me.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings