Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Remove old accounts

Go to solution

Hi,

How do I remove old accounts from my online profile in My BT? These old accounts are stopping me from using parts of the account management as it keeps resetting to an old, dormant, account.

Thanks

Rob

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Remove old accounts

Go to solution

Hi @rllmuk and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're having problems removing your old accounts. Not to worry, I can help with this. I’ve dropped you a private message with details on how to contact the moderator team. Once we have your reply we'll get it sorted for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @rllmuk ,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Can you drop me a reply and let me know if the old accounts have been removed and you're happy to close this off?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @rllmuk,

I've checked this for you and can see the old accounts have been removed. I'll go ahead and close this off but if you have any other questions post back and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, I have this problem as well. I had BT broadband and telephone and set up a MyBT account. I later had a second BT telephone line installed also with broadband.

In 2018 I closed the first older account but kept the second newer account transferring BT sport to the new account I can log into MyBT ok to check bills and pay, at this point phone, broadband and BT sport are all working fine on the new account.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        However I have placed a new fibre order and if I try to do anything else like check the status of my new order on the new remaining account the old account comes up and my actual current account  doesn't show at all. I did originally try to get this sorted over the telephone to no avail and as it wasn't causing a major problem at the time I left it. My new order should start tomorrow and while ordering on the telephone I was promised a credit for BT sport. Everything seemed to be progressing properly as although I can't track the order in myBT I am receiving text and email updates. Worryingly I have just received an email saying the BT sport credit couldn't go through due to incorrect account number. I have filled in the online form with the correct account number and hopefully this will be enough to sort it, but feel having the redundant account number on my BT account which overrides and denies access to some MyBT feature for my current account is going to continue causing problems. Please could someone help remove my old account number while safeguarding my current account number log in details etc.

Thank you.

0 Ratings