cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toejai
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Removing package added without consent

Yesterday I received an email from BT informing me that I had extended my BB and phone contract for 2 years and added BT Sport. I have not logged into the site for months and certainly did not order this. I am the only person here and nobody has been during the 3 months of lockdown. I immediately cancelled this and thought it was all settled 30 minutes later.  Today I received a call from a BT bureaucrat telling me that they were investigating the issue and until it was concluded I would have to pay for the service. He basically implied I was lying, although how it would benefit me to extend then immediately cancel I can't imagine.

This is extremely unfair and, it seems from the forum posts, not an isolated occurrence.  I suspect a glitch in the software. I would not want to suppose this is a sharp sales practice by BT to sell an unpopular service. 

Can anyone advise me, please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Removing package added without consent

Hi @Toejai

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that services have been added to your account with your consent. 

When BT Sport is added to an account with a discount or free activation it will re-contract the phone and broadband for the same length of period as the BT Sport contract.

Does anyone else have access to your BTID user name and password?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Toejai
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, Matt

I live alone and no-one has visited since lockdown started. I did not order this. I have raised a complaint but am annoyed at how it is being handled. Good customer service would suggest that you cancel the order, then investigate. Not vice versa. There are several posts here stating the same problem so this is not a one-off.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

@Toejai,

Yes, there are other posts on the Community reporting that services have been added to an account without the account holders permission. What we normally find when we look into these cases is that the order has been placed online using the customers BTID which is why I have asked does anyone else have access to your BTID?

Thanks 

Matt

0 Ratings