cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Renewal confusion

Renewal is due for my broadband contract. Currently have basic fibre plus land line. I rarely if ever make landline calls but people do still use landline to call us.  Renewal options show a small saving on fibre , when i click through it says current package broadband and pay as you go landline, but then says select call options  one is stay as you are , another is pay as you go option £2 per month??  How can i stay as i am (which includes PAYG) if I am the expected to pay £2 a month for PAYG. I want to still receive calls on landline so what do I do? 

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Renewal confusion

are you sure that the renewal package is not just broadband only?

you could try the options team 0800800030 and negotiate your new contract with the PAYG as you want to be able to receive calls.  if you don't like their offer don't accept and try again another day

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

First sentence not helpful of course I am sure it was clearly stated on screen
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

If you presently have Broadband and Landline it will mean that you have a landline calling plan of some description. You have said it is the PAYG call plan.

The PAYG  will still allow you to make and receive calls. There is no charge for incoming calls, you only pay for out going calls however BT make a monthly charge of either £2 or £5 or it can even be free depending on which way the wind blows, for a PAYG call plan.

If you presently do not pay anything for your PAYG plan you stick with that or if already pay £2 or £5 you could call BT and try and get them to reduce it or make it free.

See link

What are the BT Calling Plans and how can I change to a new one? | BT Help

Message 5 of 26

BT have a cheek to even thing about charging a monthly fee for pay & go landline calls.

Some other providers offer pay & go landline calls with no monthly fee.

When I was with BT up until just under a month ago I was on pay & go landline calls with no monthly free but then got offered a new Broadband FTTC deal and pay & go calls was no longer free a month they wanted £5 a month and I had in the last few months not made any calls using landline.

So of glad I moved from BT to a similar package that I was on for my FTTC with pay & go landline calls with no monthly fee. Not that I will use landline for calls.

@widnesbob just remember that if you sign a new contact or move providers then you are most likely to be offered or moved over to internet calls(voip) for your landline.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

@ney wrote:

BT have a cheek to even thing about charging a monthly fee for pay & go landline calls.

So you think that the equipment to provide the number and capability to receive calls on that number comes for free.

Message 7 of 26

@ney 

Out of interest can you supply the name of the providers that supply free PAYG landline as a standard call plan without any additional costs.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

@widnesbob Yes Sky is one of the providers. As I moved to Sky for my isp/phone about 3 weeks ago with free pay as you go landline calls.

Was also moved for to internet calls(voip). As Sky are no longer doing the old analogue landline for new customers.

Sky Talk internet calls the landline service is now called. Where I believe it used to just be called Sky Talk

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

@gg30340 BT used to offer pay and go landline calls for free but no longer seem to do so.

@widnesbob you pay per call for pay as you go landline but there could be no charge per month.

BT are just being greedy. After there used to be no monthly fee for pay and go landline calls. Now BT are charging you a monthly fee.

Think is a landline calls are slowly becoming less popular.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

@ney 

PAYG and free calls appear to contradict each other 

BT did previously offer broadband and phone with free evening & weekend calls but that was before line rental was included in broadband package and you can now get a broadband only package.  

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings