cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaffa1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Renewal of contract discount

Hi, my first year contract is coming to an end and I phoned up customer services to see what kind of discount I could get if I renewed for a further 12 months. I have Unlimited Infinity 1. I also have weekend calls, BT TV starter and BT Sport. I got all of this because it was free for the first 12 months.

I spoke to an advisor who was not helpful and tried to get me to sign up there and then which I was not prepared to do, and quoted me £16 as the best possible price for a capped 25GB service when I don't particularly want a capped service.

However, I am happy to have Unlimited non-fibre broadband ONLY, with no other extras (eg no phone, no sport, no TV) as the only thing I use is broadband. The lady on the phone was quite rude and aggressive and it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience so I do not want to repeat that. I have already signed up to Plusnet Unlimited a few days ago as I was annoyed by the customer service experience from BT, but if you can offer me a good price on Unlimited Broadband only I will cancel my order with Plusnet. My contract is over in the next 2 weeks and I am unsure what the prices will be after my 12 month discount period is up.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Renewal of contract discount

try phoning options team on 08000800030  they are uk based  you also need line rental

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jaffa1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes, it was the options team I spoke to before. I found the woman I spoke to most unhelpful.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

I would try that again. The guy I had was very nice and pleasant

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
jaffa1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks, I have just spoken to them again. The guy I spoke to was pleasant this time which was nice.

However, the discounts were not good. Best he could offer was £16 for ADSL and, perversely, £15 for Infinity. I said I didn't need Infinity (as we only get about 15Meg max anyway..) so looks like I will have to move to Plusnet who are significantly cheaper for ADSL 

0 Ratings
cliveybme
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I'll be joining you.

My contract ran out more than a month ago so I called the Options phone line this morning and spoke to a very nice, polite lady and got my "best" offer for renewing Infinity2 for 18 months. It was the same as the MyBT Special Offer, ie. £4 saving off the full £32.50 monthly cost.

So that call was a waste of time and about as useful as my taking up the exclusive offer I got for the new SmartHub back in June (which must have been a joke at the time).

"Thanks for letting us know about your interest in the new BT Smart Hub. We want you to have our very latest technology so we're giving you an exclusive offer which lets you have our new BT Smart Hub for £11.15 extra a month. And because you pre-registered, you get to see just how smart it really is before anyone else."

Sorry BT, but having been a loyal customer for quite a while now, I am reluctantly decidng to leave you.

There really are other suppliers offering attractive special and regular contrtacts and not just for supplying me basic broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Storm_Force
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I am in the same sort of situation, upgraded last Sept to Infinity 1 unlimited after being on normal broadband with BT for years after my cabinet finally got enabled.

Rang up today and they said the best they could do was £20 per month for 24 months, in my BT I have a offer for Infinity 2 for £15 for 24 months however not much point as my line gets around 25-30mb, I explained this and said surely if they could do an offer for Infin 2 then Infin 1 must be cheaper..... apparently not.

0 Ratings