Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Renewing BT Contract Difficulties

Hello BT Community!

My BT contract for landline, broadband and TV came to an end a couple of months ago and so my account has now defaulted to a rollling contract that is costing me approx. £20 per month more than previously.

I'm keen to renew all my BT services however the BT website seems to make this near on impossible...there is no 'renew' option, just 'upgrade' which I assume actually means the same thing. However there doesn't seem to be an option to upgrade everything - if I select uograde broadband and choose a new 12 month service by the time I worked through to the checkout there is no option to choose phone or TV services?!

I've never known such a disjointed website! Surely I should be able to log onto 'MyBT' and just hit a renew all button?!

I don't want to renew over the phone as I like to read all the details beforehand...can someone give me a step by step guide on this simple task?!

Sky are offering me a good deal so I may switch!

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Renewing BT Contract Difficulties

Even although you don't want to use the phone, it is your best option. If you contact the BT Options Team on 0800.800.030 you may be able to negotiate a better deal or at the least keep the deal you previously had.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Your problem is that all the really good offers on the web site are for brand new customers only.  As an existing customer, you won't be able to get any of them.  Officially, there is no discount for renewing customers, except for a few deals such as BT Sport.

The best option is to look around at what the competitors are charging, phone up Customer Options, and practice your haggling skills.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

The problem is that in general there is no set discount for re-contracting any services (the complicated BT Sport set up being the exception). You can get the odd thing like free caller display if you re-contract the line rental on-line though.

So you need to phone Customer Options and basically say what can you offer me if I agree to re-contract things? They need to give you a reason to tie yourself to BT for another period. The ball is in their court.

I agree that an option to do it all on-line to qualify for say a 15% discount for 12 months would seem logical to me, but BT know better.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Absolutely agree  - The line rental of £18.99 is basically the amount above other competitive offers - I also wanted to renew with a reasonable price  - spoke to BT customer services - who called me  - they said "can't do anythoing for you as your contract hass rolled over"  - I said "If I want a better rate then I have to go to another company?" BT CS said "Yes" - I said "Ok I should go to SKY" BT CS said "yes - do you want me to cancel your direct debit"  - I also wanted to renew but will likely move to Vodaphone

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I agree completely with your comment - I wnated to speak to someone -  but trying tio get a contact (for antone interested) was a nightmare - The best number is the one I saw below you message  - the only thing offered was to take me off Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 as it would be just a fast for me - Wish they told me that when I took out the first contract!!  - Infinity 1 puts them just above Vodaphone who offer Infinity 2 type speed - even if not available to me now then at least Im future proofed

0 Ratings