Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gullsfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Renewing Contract - Complete Nightmare.

Go to solution

My contract is due for renewal on 3rd September.  I have Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited. BT Sport + HD pack. Two mobile phones for which I pay £95 per month.

As I am only getting  speed of around 48 it occurred to me that I was paying for a package that I didn't need so decided to downgrade my package to Superfast Fibre as I would still presumably be getting around the same internet speed.

I then noticed that my BT Sport had been hiked by a £4 increase so in early August I phoned up in order to try and renew my package. On one afternoon I phoned about half a dozen times and didn't get anywhere. It seemed that BT are only interested if you want to upgrade and spend more money for stuff that you clearly don't need.

Finally I did manage to speak to a rep in the Accrington  call centre who seemed to grasp why I wanted to downgrade my broadband package. We agreed a monthly figure of £68.99 - this being a reduction on the broadband to Superfast fibre. Bt Sport remaining at £13. the two mobiles and the odd thing like callminder.

The rep confirmed the package with her manager and stated that I would get a confirmation email confirming details of the new contract.

Guess what? - absolutely nothing, Zilch, Zero. On the 13th August I phoned again, got through to the Accrington Call Centre again, spoke to a different rep repeated the above details to him and he stated that he would email the manager who authorised the deal to find out what was going on and someone would contact me.

(I should add that I do have the names of the reps and the manager but I won't put them on here)

Again absolutely no further contact so I rang again on the 24th August - spoke to yet another rep who stated that the said manager who authorised the deal was "active" presumably meaning he was on duty so he would get him to ring me back.

Guess what - yes thats right no contact yet again. t wouldn't be so bad  if I didn't get a letter from BT very other day telling me to renew my contract of I'll get charged £22.75 a month for the privelege of subscribing to BT sport.

Its no wonder that BT customer service gets such a bad press as their longstanding customers are treated with complete disdain.

How difficult can it be to sort out a new contract?  Surely it shouldn't be completely impossible?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Renewing Contract - Complete Nightmare.

Go to solution

@gullsfan welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry that the agreed deal hasn't been ordered and that you haven't been called back. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @gullsfan  thanks for sending over your details. I can see that you called earlier today and a new deal has been ordered and the order has completed. Are you happy all has been sorted?

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
gullsfan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi - thanks yes, I spoke to a helpful guy and as far as I am aware the new deal has/is going through - thnaks terry