cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MargaretR1
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Renewing contract nightmare

I seem to be going in pointless circles on MyBT and getting absolutely nowhere.  All I want to do is find out exactly when my broadband contract comes to an end, so that I can renew it before then..  Do they make that easy to find?  Hell, no.  It's almost like they don't want my money.   I try searching for broadband deals, but I'm already on the best they can offer (apparently), so there are no deals and no information about my options.  Nowhere can I find in my account the simple information "your contract expires on xx/xx/xxxx"  - is that too much to ask for?   How exactly am I supposed to renew, if I can't find out when or how to do so?    "Help" just takes me in circles, and doesn't actually provide meaningful information.   Where CAN I find out how to do this (apparently extremely complex) task?

7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Renewing contract nightmare

The best thing to do is to phone BT 0800.800.030. They will be able to advise you and if you do your home work about what other providers are offering  before you call you should be able negotiate a deal that may be better than you are already getting. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

you need to go to MYBT and then track your order which will show when contract due for renewal

https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsorder/customer/index.html#/index

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Eaters
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I had the same problem. Got my monthly email from BT saying my bill was available to view. When I logged onto MyBT it said my broadband discount was ending. Surprise! I thought it was on until October so I started searching MyBT for my contract details. Nearly an hour later and I still can't find it. I didn't want to phone them in the current Corona crisis. Then I discovered this community and tried the advice here. Still no joy. Looked at "Orders" and could see that I started it a year ago so potentially it is about to expire. Then I remembered that I would have had an email from BT when I ordered. Found that and it confirms that both my contract and my discounts are for 18 months so they expire in October. I have that in black and white now (printed). So woe betide them if they try to put my price up. It is blatantly obvious that they deliberately avoid listing your contract details to prevent you from looking around for a better deal as your contract comes up for renewal. And how many people do not realise that their contract expires and gladly go on paying at an increased rate because they have not realised? 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

@Eaterswrote:

I had the same problem. Got my monthly email from BT saying my bill was available to view. When I logged onto MyBT it said my broadband discount was ending. Surprise! I thought it was on until October so I started searching MyBT for my contract details. Nearly an hour later and I still can't find it. I didn't want to phone them in the current Corona crisis. Then I discovered this community and tried the advice here. Still no joy. Looked at "Orders" and could see that I started it a year ago so potentially it is about to expire. Then I remembered that I would have had an email from BT when I ordered. Found that and it confirms that both my contract and my discounts are for 18 months so they expire in October. I have that in black and white now (printed). So woe betide them if they try to put my price up. It is blatantly obvious that they deliberately avoid listing your contract details to prevent you from looking around for a better deal as your contract comes up for renewal. And how many people do not realise that their contract expires and gladly go on paying at an increased rate because they have not realised? 

That used to be the case but people don't need to worry anymore, as per Ofcom guidelines they now have to get in touch before the end of the contract& give you offers including the best available on your current package. The fact that Ofcom have introduced this points towards it being the same with any broadband provider & not just a BT issue

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@Eaters 

I would try the options team as I and others have suggested as you can negotiate on the phone to get best deal for you or you can take what BT offer and never know if you could have done better

I personally always use options team for best deal 0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Eaters
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Aha. Good to know, thanks. So if they could only get their web site right so that it doesn't say my contract is about to expire when there is still 6 months to run, then I'd be happy

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@Eaters wrote:

So if they could only get their web site right so that it doesn't say my contract is about to expire when there is still 6 months to run, then I'd be happy

Even that can work to your advantage. I was, as usual, going to call them when my last minimum period was nearly up, but I got a reminder email much earlier and decided to do it then. Not only did I get a reduction in what I was already paying but it was applied a few months before it would have been without the reminder.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.