cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

Renewing contract to keep free BT Sport

If I renew by broadband and TV contracts for 18 months, I get to keep BT Sport for free instead of paying £5 per month. Everything stays the same, and I keep any discounts I'm currently receiving (apparently - according to the website, anyway).

But given that I have six months left of my current broadband and TV contracts, does that mean I'll be locked in for another 18 months after that (i.e. two years in total), or just 18 months from now?

I can't find an answer anywhere, and don't fancy the trauma of phoning BT (and not sure I would get the correct answer anyway) - so any help much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Renewing contract to keep free BT Sport

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

It's 18 months from the time you agree to the new contract, not 18 months on top of the existing contract.

Be aware that if you are currently on a discounted offer, then that discount will continue for as long as was originally agreed, and will not be extended to the full 18 months of the new contract.  So if you have a discount that runs for the next 6 months, then you'd be stuck paying full price for the 12 months after that.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

OK, thanks for the replies. I'm not getting much of a discount at the moment anyway, so I wouldn't be losing much by continuing for another 18 months. I got a 'free' Home Hub 5 and 'free' G4 YouView box last time, but I doubt I'd be able to get much of a reduction on my monthly bill, judging by my efforts last time. Maybe it's just easier to recontract and carry on as I am, rather than phoning up, haggling, changing something on my package and BT messing everything up (as usually happens whenever I try to change something on my account). I'm sure BT would prefer me to do that too. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
parrandale
Message 5 of 14

@voice_of_reasonwrote:

If I renew by broadband and TV contracts for 18 months, I get to keep BT Sport for free instead of paying £5 per month. Everything stays the same, and I keep any discounts I'm currently receiving (apparently - according to the website, anyway).

But given that I have six months left of my current broadband and TV contracts, does that mean I'll be locked in for another 18 months after that (i.e. two years in total), or just 18 months from now?

I can't find an answer anywhere, and don't fancy the trauma of phoning BT (and not sure I would get the correct answer anyway) - so any help much appreciated. Thanks!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GLeman
Message 6 of 14

I wish to renew my bt sport contract with my £6.75 discount.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

then phone 0800800030

this is a customer help customer forum and you post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

@GLeman wrote:

I wish to renew my bt sport contract with my £6.75 discount.

Call the BT Value Team on 0800 800 030

0 Ratings
AllanASmith
Message 9 of 14

Renew my BT broadband contract to keep my free BTsports
A/C number ********

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Hi @AllanASmith,

Have you contacted our Value team on the number @Keith_Beddoe posted on Message 8?

I've also removed the account number you posted on this thread as it's unique to you. Thankfully it wasn't a complete number Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings