Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Renewing free Caller Display

Go to solution

I have received an email from BT inviting me to renew free Caller Display for another 12 months as it will shortly run out. Clicking the link in the email takes me to a page where I can input my phone number and postcode but after that I keep getting a message (ref # CON-0113) telling me there is a technical error but that I can still proceed with my order online. Since none of the options given cover renewing Caller Display I am unable to proceed beyond that point, despite trying many times over several days. I rang BT on 0800 100 400 but the customer service assistant I spoke to was also unable to renew my Caller Display. He said he was transferring me to another "dedicated" team and to hold the line. After a few moments the line went dead without me having spoken to anyone. I have tried in vain to find an email address with which to contact BT. Can you please advise me on how to accomplish what should be a very simple procedure but which is proving to be anything but and extremely frustrating too. BT really is a very difficult company to deal with.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Renewing free Caller Display

Go to solution

Hi @alr and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problem renewing the free caller display. You're quite correct in that it shouldn't be that difficult to arrange. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this if you wish. Just drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We are busier than usual at present so it’s taking longer than expected to pick up but once you submit your details you’ll be in our queue and we’ll get to you eventually.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
alr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Thank you David. I've done as you suggested. Much obliged.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I think you need to renew your line rental for 12 months which will then give you free caller display  you can choose whether you want LRS or just pay monthly

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Free Caller Display certainly used to be part of the Line Rental Saver which I have had for about 5 or 6 years. However, last year I had to order it separately as I was charged for it after renewing my package. I have just renewed my line rental for a year in advance but the email telling me the free caller display is about to run out suggests that this again needs to be done separately. All the info about Line Rental Saver mentions Caller Display so I don't understand why it can't all be done together.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

free caller display is linked to renewing your phone line rental contract for 12 months  this does not depend on you selecting LRS.   LRS is separate and can be selected by anyone wanting to save 10% on line rental by paying 12 months upfront

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
alr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
I would think that having just paid nearly £200 for a year's line rental in advance it would be seen as renewing my contract for another year!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

you need to ask for the bt privacy which includes free caller display - it is not automatic

0 Ratings
alrjar
Beginner
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you for your attempts to help but my problem with all of this stems from the fact that the website continually displays an error message when I have entered my account details thus stopping me from asking for *anything*. If the online ordering system worked there would be no problem at all. Phoning the customer service helpline has no effect because they apparently can't access the necessary part of the system either. Considering BT is probably the UK's premier communications company, customers might expect them to sort out the way we are able to communicate (or not) with them.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

it's far easier talking to the options team who are uk based 0800800030