Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cherry76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Rental line saver expires next month and BB in 6 months

Go to solution

I am not sure whether I should renew line rental saver. My bt BB expires in 6 months and if I do not get a good deal I will switch provider. Currently paying £21.99 for the package and it will be double when the offer ends. My question is should I decide to switch in 6 months is the line rental saver refundable I will have about 7 months left? Is it better if I do not renew line rental saver now and renew with the bb? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Rental line saver expires next month and BB in 6 months

Go to solution

Having just done a search on the website it does appear that it is now refundable 

Is my Line Rental Saver payment refundable?

Yes. If you choose to cancel Line Rental Saver at any time, we'll refund any remaining upfront payment.

This is the link  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13962/~/bt-line-rental-saver-discount

0 Ratings
Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Annoyingly line rental saver is always a twelve month contract and every time I have renewed broadband it has been an eighteen month contract. Fortunately they are now in synch and both end at the same time but it is good to know that it can be refunded.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I was surprised that it was refundable as it hasn't been in the past.

0 Ratings
luci
Visitor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I checked before I switched to BT in May and found that LRS was refundable. However I opted to pay monthly to assess the service first.

I called BT half an hour ago, as I was considering changing to LRS. I asked if it would be refundable if I left within my contract term. The advisor checked with his manager and said it is NOT refundable.

Now I realise that the T& C's trump anything I may be told by the call centre, but this response is concerning, especially when he checked with a manager.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@luci   if you did want to terminate a contract early cancel the LRS before telling BT anything and it should be refunded. 
It is likely the operative didn't necessarily talk to a manager but if he did then it is likely the manager was using an offset rationale in that the cost of the rental cancellation may have been offset by the LRS refund putting you in a neutral position. If you didn't have LRS then you would have charges of  X months at the cancellation rate. Just a considered guess. 

0 Ratings
luci
Visitor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I understand your rationale. However to make that assertion, he would have needed to ask for more information, such as how far into the contract I may be cancelling. At the very least, he should have pointed out that there would be cancellation fees which may wipe out any refund.

I have no intention of cancelling within my minimum term. I just wanted the correct information should I wish to do so after the end of the contract.

0 Ratings