cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TarraStewart
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Reply ASAP Please!!!

Okay where to start... we have had our BT Line in for over a week now and have all connected to it as our engineer told us its connected and ready to use... our phone works but our broadband hasnt been connected!! I need the broadband for work so expected it to be ready to use as the engineer said!!

After 2 days we started to call BT... that was the biggest waste of my time as when we eventually got through to a human after the automated messages and robots we were told it would be connected the following day! and as you can guess this hasnt happened after calling them EVERY DAY!!! If this problem is not resolved by the start of the week I will be leaving and joining SKY!!!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
TarraStewart
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Reply ASAP Please!!!

and now to sit here and wait for a reply that probably wont come! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Thanks

Thanks

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

And if you're not a business customer, then to quote from BT's Terms and Conditions:

You must not use the service for any commercial or business purpose whatsoever unless we have given you permission to do so. If we find that you are using the service in for business or commercial purposes we reserve the right to limit or terminate the service immediately.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

And SKY would be using the same engineers to connect it.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

This is very poor service and you should have been connected by now. 

The forum moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi TarraStewart,

I'm really sorry about the delay, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Catcher
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

I'm not a business customer and I use my account for work. I've spoken to the legal team and for what I do it's fine. There is a vast difference between running a business and using an account for work.

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Hi

The business/residential line question is an interesting one as it depends on what BT actually means both when they originally came up with the definitions and now in the 21st century when we work in so many different ways.

We are a family of 6 with 2 Visionboxes, 4 laptops, 2 PCs, smart phones and of course use of the landline and so as far as I am concerned it is residential set up.

My employer allows me to work from home ~2 days per week and I use my Infinity service and a VPN to connect. The council, tax man and insurance companies are all happy that there are no implications for the services I have from them and I am not penalised in any way.

A recent report by Leicester University stated

.5% of UK workforce was working "mainly" at home - 133,000 people
3.5% of the workforce worked "partially" at home, i.e. at least one day per week - 932,000 people
22% reported working "sometimes" at home - 5,585,000 people

and you would presume that a vast majority would use their phone line either for speech or data; thus if BT were to interpret this as them all needing business lines the push back would be vast!

Tim

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

There's a difference between using a residential service for incidental business-related purposes and using it to run a business. Using the internet while working at home for an employer is one thing, running your own business with your phone number displayed on the side of your van and in advertisements is clearly something else.

There will be grey areas, but the real point for those not actually running a business is how vital the service is for work-related use. If home working is necessary, and reliable communications crucial to it, it's up to the employer and in their interests to ensure a business-level service and to meet the additional costs involved.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings