Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Residential to Business

Hi,

How easy is it to switch from Residential to Buisiness?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: Residential to Business

Hi @nanomoog The process of the transfer from a Residential to a Business package will be arranged by the Business team for you. 

Take a look at Upgrading to BT Business Broadband from BT Residential for more information on the Business deals.

Cheers

John

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks for the info, John.

I asked the team to do this in July.
I was asked to sign a contract in the 27th of July.

Since then, I’ve had the request cancelled 3 times by BT. The third being on Friday.
I received a call from a BT representative at 16:16. She was chasing the order up for me and expressed her disappointment with BT’s poor performance and bad service. She promised to get the Local Business team to contact me and progress the request.
At 16:47 I received an email from BT, thanking me for cancelling my order.

I did not cancel my request.
I still wish to change my service from Residential to Business.
No one contacted me to discuss the cancellation or talk about options - just a generic cancellation email.

So I agree with you that it should be a very simple thing to achieve. However, I feel that both you and I are not aware of all the hidden difficulties in doing this task.
If you have the secret formula, can you please share it with my local business team? As from my experience so far, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of migrating my Residential to Business service are expressions of their inability to party in a brewery.

I asked this morning for an explanation, as all lines of communication are closed over a weekend.
I was told that my order was not required and that the Local business team had ordered the wrong thing, but that they would contact me today.
Thankful I didn’t hold my breath, as they where obviously a bit busy so couldn’t call.

So John, yes it should be easy.
It’s not.
The BT Local Business team that look after me are, (in one word), rubbish.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

That was not a solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

.......John, how can you mark the post as, solved?
Surly it would be for the poster of the question to determine whether the offered solution solved to question?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi @nanomoog Sorry that you are having difficulty moving your services over to business. 

As the business team have to arrange this you may be best to post your query on the business forum.

http://business.forums.bt.com/

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi John,

Many of hanks for the advice.
Unfortunately, after over four months of attempting to migrate service and three attempts, lost revenue due to BTs inability to deliver, I think I’ll give another provider a chance to provide the service.

Thanks again
0 Ratings