Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregSexton
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Restricted Landline

Hello,

My Mum 92 years of age has had her Landline Restricted for non-payment. We did not receive a reminder and have no proof of payment as she destroys things like this after 2 weeks. So I guess we have to pay but have no proof. I have asked for the bill to be sent and awaiting. I tried to pay by debit card but it is refused. Is it because we are awaiting a copy of the bill? This is crazy!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Restricted Landline

@GregSexton Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to read that you're Mum's service has been restricted.  The copy bill request does not prevent payment being taken, if you have the account details and call 0800 44 33 11 you should be able to make payment over the phone.  If you have any difficulty the quickest way to get this sorted would be to have a live chat with the billing team on this link.

Post back and let me know if you need any further help.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
GregSexton
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. I have tried that and BT will not accept my payment from my Debit Card. My old Mum pays by cash as people of that age do. She set fire to all her receipts and bills the other day which I was not aware, thus I cannot prove it has been paid or not. I tried to pay the outstanding amount by my debit card and it was refused and I have enough in my Bank Account to clear the so called debt. This is serious as it is the only lifeline my 92 year old Mum has to contact.

Kind Regards,

Greg.

0 Ratings
GregSexton
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

well I tried with chat but to no avail

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

@GregSexton I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings