Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukemfoster
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Restriction not lifted on my broadband after bill paid

Hello,

I paid my bill at around 4am  but the restriction is still in place. This has happened before when I have paid my bill late and in the early hours of the morning.

I have spoken to the billing team on chat but they keep telling me there is no restriction but I can assure everyone there is... as it keeps sending me to the "pay your bill" page... and I can access the MyBT website but no other websites.

The technical team have said multiple times the restriction is still in place but I keep getting fobbed off by the billing team who say that for some reason the system "needs to update" - This is false, I have had the restriction lifted manually whilst on the phone before and it worked instantly.

I'd be so grateful if someone can get back to me as I have missed an entire days work because of this.

Thank you ,

Luke

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Restriction not lifted on my broadband after bill paid

Hi @lukemfoster,  Restrictions are usually lifted 4 hours after full payment has ledgered against your BT account. As this is urgent I'd recommend you get back in touch with the billing team as the moderation team are quite busy at the moment.

0 Ratings
lukemfoster
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

It's been about 19 hours... I keep getting chucked from Billing to Tech support... Tech support have told me 3 times that the restriction hasn't been lifted and billing keep telling me the restriction HAS been lifted - I know for a fact it hasn't. I work from home and rely on a steady internet connection and cannot rely on my mobile network unfortunately.

I will try again first thing in the morning and hope for the best and will reply to this if I am still having issues.

Luke

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Setting-up a direct debit with BT avoids all this hassle. If you opt for whole bill settlement, BT take the funds 14 days after your bill is produced.

If you feel this is worrying, you can keep an eye on your usage on your "MyBT".

How do I set-up a direct debit with BT 

0 Ratings
lukemfoster
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I have now sorted a direct debit... I have recently changed banks which is why the bill didn't get paid and I didn't notice til internet cut off.

It's still not working so hopefully someone can help me over the phone tomorrow as I know the restriction needs taken off, even though billing are trying to tell me otherwise.

Fingers crossed tomorrow otherwise it will be another day I am unable to work!

0 Ratings