Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bowdon
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Retention offer mismatch?

Go to solution

I'm out of contract, and I got a letter yesterday dated 29th of October recommending me 3 offiers;

The one they recommend based on my current package is Fibre 2 & 700 minutes at £38.99 per month for 24 months.

Fibre with BT Halo 1 & 700 minutes at £41.99 per month for 24 months.

Fibre with BT Halo 2 & 700 minutes at £58.99 per month for 24 months.

The letter says to either call the number or go to a BT website address page to see the offers.

So I go there today and the offers are;

Fibre 2 at £31.99 per month for 24 months.

Fibre 2 + Halo 1 at £34.99 per month for 24 months.

Fibre 2 + Halo 2 at £51.99 per month for 24 months.

So where is the 700 minutes part mentioned in the letter? If I click the button add and continue it just tries to sign me up to whatever option I selected. No mention of 700 minutes.

I wanted to get the Fibre 2 & 700 minutes at £38.99 per month for 24 months. I know I can give them a call. But because of my disability I get very anxious on the phone so when the letter came and I saw the offer and that I could sign up for it online I thought it was good. Now it seems they switched the offers on me... or they aren't listing the 700 minutes part?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Retention offer mismatch?

Go to solution

The 700 minutes is an add on to the broadband and calls package at £7 per month, so you need to add that to the package prices on the website which means they would match the last two.

Richard

Bowdon
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for the explanation.

I went ahead and ordered it and the 700 minutes offer came up after the broadband part.

I wish BT would make it clear that the phone offer comes in the next part of the process.

0 Ratings
unwina
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Same thing happened to me so I soldiered on and made sure the numbers matched up in the final quote invoice before I said yes

I asked it to start when the old one finished.