Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Retrospectively billed for cancelled FTTP order

Go to solution
Hi all,

Long story cut very short, we ordered FTTP 5 months ago but had delays due to build works required. A couple of weeks ago my order was cancelled as routing on the order needed to be updated and a new order placed, that’s all fine. There is also an open complaint on the order.
I come to take a look at my new bill and notice that they have retrospectively charged me the difference for FTTP compared to adsl since the order opened in October. I called up BT who admitted the mistake however said they didn’t have the authority to credit the account before the service went live. They advised me to cancel the direct debit and wait for contact at some point before my service activation on 7th March, bill due on 2nd.
Cancelling the direct debit sounds a bit dubious to me and wouldn’t want to be left without service/ charges if it goes wrong. Is that really the best way to go to avoid being charged the incorrect amount? If I let the money go out would it be easy to get it refunded?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Retrospectively billed for cancelled FTTP order

Go to solution

I would not cancel your direct debit, as that can cause issues and possible disconnection. Any overcharging is normally corrected by adjusting future bills.

If you do not get it corrected, one of the moderators on this forum will be able to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Retrospectively billed for cancelled FTTP order

Go to solution
Thanks for confirming my suspicions, I’ll leave as is for now.
0 Ratings