cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Return of kit - why is this so hard

I have been told to return my kit and told to log in and request a return, I cannot find this anywhere on the site and it seems I am not the only one.  People are being advised to call cs - this is ridiculous, don't tell us to go online if it isn't possible to do it online, and simply.  Just one more reason I am leaving BT, everything is so hard to do.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Return of kit - why is this so hard

Is your BT account closed? If I recall correctly the returns section only become available when your BT account is actually closed.  ie when you have left BT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

My new contract starts tmrw so I'm hoping it will magically appear tmrw then! Fingers crossed. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

When you do send it back make sure you keep your proof of posting. It is worth taking a photo of it per chance you lose the paper copy.

It seems to be a frequent complaint that people are billed months after they have left for not sending the items back and when the person claims that they returned them but they have lost the proof of postage it can become a bit of a nightmare to get the bill cancelled or monies returned. 

Message 5 of 6

Thank you, great tip

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@gg30340 

The link only becomes visible when equipment needs to be returned but the account does not need to be closed.

e.g. If customer renews his broadband contract but not TV service then he will need to return his STB and the link becomes visible.

Having said that, there have been many instances where the link remains invisible for reasons I can only speculate about

0 Ratings