cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Returning youview box

I have received my plastic returns bag and would like to know do I just put my box inside without any packaging or do I need to find a box to put it into first as I no longer have original packaging 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Returning youview box

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo

You could always put some bubble wrap around it, as we know how gently the Post Office deal with things.

You do not need to return it if it was issues to you before 13th Dec 2019, you can keep it as a Freeview recorder.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Keith.

I did get my box prior to 13/12/2019 but my cancellation order is stating that I return my box

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@connolmm wrote:

Thank you Keith.

I did get my box prior to 13/12/2019 but my cancellation order is stating that I return my box

It always says that, but its not the case. You are given the option to return it for re-cycling.

Did you want to keep the box?

Have you totally cancelled your BT contract, or just BT TV?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I just cancelled BT TV because of lose of channels I like to watch.

I don’t mind keeping the box as could use as recorder with 2nd TV

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@connolmm wrote:

I just cancelled BT TV because of lose of channels I like to watch.

I don’t mind keeping the box as could use as recorder with 2nd TV

Then you can keep the box. Lots of people have been told the wrong thing, and needed a moderator to intervene. Lets see if one can help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @connolmm,

Thank you for posting. If you received your BT TV box before December 2019, you would be able to keep it.

If you send me your details, I'll be able to check your account to make sure you don't have to return it back to BT. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings