Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrae84
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Reward Card - Incorrect Value

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, since I joined BT in January (broadband + calls), and I really am only posting out of complete desperation following 5+ weeks of stressful and fruitless correspondence with the 'BT Voucher Team'. I really hope that someone on here might be able to offer some advice/help.

I ordered a BT Broadband package (Unlimited Infinity 52mb + Calls) through the BT website on 4th January 2018. I only switched provider due to the offer BT was running, which was a £125 reward card for new customers.

The order went through ok and I even received a "Your BT.com Order Confirmation" email on 04/01/18 at 11:27pm stating a reference number and the following quoted text: "Your Order Date Is: 04 January 2018".

Broadband + calls were activated on 19/01/18, following which I claimed my BT Reward Card.

However, at this point I received a notification that a £100 Reward Card had been issued, not the £125 I was entitled to as part of the offer when I submitted my order on 04/01/18. I know that the offer did change to £100 on 05/01/18 -  the day after I submitted my order and received BT confirmation.

Since then I have been in an endless loop of unbelievably frustrating Live Chats, calls and emails with India, getting absolutely nowhere with Customer Service.

Despite having sent the proof that I submitted my order on 04/01/18 three times, and at one point advised that as soon as I received the reward card they would top this up with the additional £25 if I reverted with the reward card ID number, I just ended up back with the same bog standard response of "you have received the correct value card for an order placed 05/01/18" once I did send my Card ID. Now the latest Customer Service tactic seems to be to say they will investigate within 5 days before coming back with the same answer. Nobody will listen or look at the proof that I submitted my order on 04/01/18 and NOT on 05/01/18.

I have two "Incident" reference numbers of the format: [Incident: xxxxxx-xxxxxx] of all the email correspondence, as well as the email I received from BT confirming my order on 04/01/18.

This is now as much a matter of principle as it is about receiving the full £125. I still can't believe the way BT is treating customers by offering something and then people signing up in good faith only for BT to then not fulfil their end and seemingly try to drag things out for months in the hope that the customer will get sick of pursuing the matter.

Sorry for the rant! I just want this sorted properly. I even PDF'd the very long back and forth email chain with customer service tonight and it was over 13 pages long! Why can't BT fix a simple matter easier than this?!

If anyone has any advice, or can help me as to the next steps that I should take, I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much for any help.

Nick

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NeilO
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reward Card - Incorrect Value

Go to solution

@nrae84 Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

nrae84
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@NeilO Thanks Neil. I have filled in the form via the link, so will hopefully hear back soon. Cheers!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@nrae84 Thanks for speaking with me today, I was happy that I was able to help you get this sorted Smiley Happy