cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrianajf
Message 1 of 10

Reward Card failed to activate and is now blocked.

Go to solution
I have been sent a reward card as part of my signing up package. Upon attempting to use it i have found it to be blocked. Purecard.com have communicated it was never registered within 3 months which i dispute. BT customer service (via telephone) have given me conflicting advice, one operator chaining it was activated, the other are claiming that they cannot do anything and will not investigate my dispute any further.

Online searches within BT community suggest I'm not the first customer to fall into this trap.

Any assistance or advice on progressing through the complaints procedure would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Reward Card failed to activate and is now blocked.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @Adrianajf 

Did you activate it when you first received it?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55078/~/information-about-the-bt-reward-card

How do I activate my BT Reward card?

Don't worry, we'll send you an activation email with all the details:

• To activate the card, visit www.purecard.com >
  • Enter your activation code and nine digit card ID - you'll find this on the bottom of the card
  • Once you've activated the card we'll send out your PIN. That's it, time to go shopping
  • If you want to keep track of your balance you can download the Pure Card app or visit www.purecard.com >

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Adrianajf
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Although it was some months ago i believe i followed the instructions correctly and registered the card.
It's upon the attempt to make a purchase that i have found myself blocked from using it. As it is outside the 3 month registering period i am getting a unhelpful response from customer services. The initial conflicting communication from them hasn't eased my concerns.

Thanks for any assistance.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Lets see what a moderator has to say.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Adrianajf 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry that you're having problems using the reward card you had received with your BT package.  As per the terms, you have 3 months to activate the card or you lose any money on it I'm afraid.

I can't promise that I will be able to do anything but I've sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Adrianajf  thanks for sending us your details. As agreed, I have taken over the complaint on your account and have contacted the rewards team for help. As soon as I have more information I'll get back to you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Adrianajf sorry I missed you when I called today. I have heard back from the rewards team, their records also show that the card was not activated within the initial three months.

I have however sent you some more information to try and get this resolved, please get back to me when you can.

Thanks

MQueenan
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I have the same issue received the card in the mail i was waiting to receive the pin number so I could start to use the card but it never arrived. I then forgot about this until now I have been trying to get in touch with someone but no one seems to be able to help. 

How do you offer the rewards but then take them away if the card isn't activated within a certain length of time should that not be up to me to use the card when i want and not down to  you take it away?????

The signal I get is terrible at home or out and about on my mobile phone and I am still charged a fortune for a service you don't provide

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@MQueenan Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see your reward card has expired before you activated it. The card is provided to you as a limited time reward and the letter that accompanies the card does explain how to get the pin by activating it online and also advises the date that you need to activate it before it will expire.

I appreciate this is not the answer you were seeking but we won't be able to provide you with another card in these circumstances as there has been no error made by BT, sorry.

Have you got in touch with the BT Mobile helpdesk regarding your signal? They may have some solutions that they can try to improve your signal, especially when at home. 

0 Ratings
MQueenan
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

I did try to activate the card but the email was sent to my other account as I got married. 

even when I contacted someone last week they said they where sending into my my email account I was checking there but later found it had gone to my other account whose fault is that ? 

0 Ratings