cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orchardhouse
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Reward card - Is it incompetence or is it fraud?

On November 2nd 2019 I ordered Superfast Fibre 1 unlimited which was activated on December 2nd. The contract came with a reward card which had to be claimed once activated. I tried to claim it on December 2nd but the website said I wasn't eligible for one, I then went on chat and the operator claimed it for me.

On January 22nd I tried to chase the card and was told their database said I wasn't eligible for one. Fortunately I had kept a copy of the chat which said the operator had claimed it for me. Unfortunately I cannot remember the value of the card - Does anyone know what the value was at the start of November for Superfast Fibre 1?

This is being followed up on and I have to wait for the result of their deliberations

Is it just that BT is incompetent and doesn't retain records or is it a deliberate attempt to avoid paying reward cards - if so this is fraud - BT I would welcome an answer.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Reward card - Is it incompetence or is it fraud?

@Orchardhouse 

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

Reward Card Offer Dates - Broadband

These were the valid dates. I cannot see anything for November 2nd, so I am not sure why you were offered one, and they are only normally available on orders placed online.

From 25.10.19 until 31.10.19 new to BT customers are eligible for a £60 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £80 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £110 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited and a £110 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre or 2 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.

From 15.11.19 until 21.11.19 new to BT customers are eligible for a £70 Reward Card when ordering a Broadband Unlimited Package, £70 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Essential Package, £100 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £120 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £120 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.

0 Ratings
Orchardhouse
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

The order was placed online so should have been eligible

I am 100% certain a reward card was offered as I took that into account when choosing BT as it was only with that card that the cost comparison with competitors didn't seem so unfavourable. Added to which the transcript of the chat stated clearly that I was eligible and it had been claimed on my behalf.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

There may have been some special extra promotion running, but it does not show on the reward website.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Orchardhouse,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you haven't received the reward card included in the package you ordered.  I appreciate the amount of time you have spent chasing this and I apologise that you're no further forward.  You can get in touch with us and we'll check what's causing the hold up.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Orchardhouse
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I have tried to reply via email to the private message but it bounced. 

I spoke to a gentleman at the Lincoln call centre who has elevated the complaint. He told me I would have to wait 7 to 10 days for a reply. I sent him a transcript of the chat where it was admitted the reward was eligible and that he had applied for it for me. I presume you will be able to access a copy of it from my account.

David

0 Ratings