cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hnpthanh
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Reward card expired without me knowing there is an expiry date

I signed up for a new BT broadband while I moved houses in Oct 2018, I was excited when BT offered some Reward Card but I never got it. Today I came across the ads on facebook, which reminded me that I was supposed to receive the Reward Card too but it never came. Turned out it has already expired even though there was (and still is) nowhere on their website mentioning you have 3 months to claim it, and you have to manually login to claim it as well. I feel so gutted, seems like they just put the reward up to trap people in, and once we are in, it is not their job any more to deliver what has been promised. There was no communications of any types whatsoever regarding the reward once you signed up with them. No email to tell you that you have to login and manually claim it. No email to remind you that you haven’t claimed it and it would expire soon. I can imagine most people who are busy with moving houses like me can easily forget to watch out for these sort of things. This is a complete let down.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Reward card expired without me knowing there is an expiry date

See link for information about the Rewards Card

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55078/~/information-about-the-bt-reward-card

If you look at this link

https://www.bt.com/broadband/

and click on "Broadband" in the Important Information section and scroll down to "Reward Card" you will see information about claiming the card.

Reward Card

You must claim your BT Reward Card once your broadband is installed and you have 3 months from this date to claim. Claim your reward by visiting BT Reward Card and logging in with your BT ID. You must activate the card within 3 months of receipt. Following a successful claim, your card will be sent to the broadband installation address. Offer, BT Reward Card & BT terms apply. The BT Reward Card is issued by Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd, an Electronic Money Institution authorised in the UK by the FCA with Firm Reference number 900023; pursuant to license from Mastercard International. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. Blackhawk Network (UK) Ltd’s company registration number is 05802971 and its registered office is at 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE.

The following page also states in the FAQs that there is an expiry date of the card

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

You must claim your BT Reward Card once your broadband is installed and you have 3 months from this date to claim. After 3 months your claim will expire and you will no longer be able to claim. (If your order was placed before the 1st JULY 2016, then the 6 month claim period still applies).

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Reward card expired without me knowing there is an expiry date

It does tell you under the BT Reward Card User Terms and Conditions  that you have to claim it, for your order to be placed and to join BT you have to tick the box stating you have read and agree to the terms, along with the terms it also states it in the frequently asked questions.

Untitled.png

0 Ratings