cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ickpers
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Reward card never came

I got BT Infinity a while back, last August, and still have never got my £125 reward card. I have had a look around here and it would appear that a lot of people didnt get them.

I have went to https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/ from a topic posted on here but it says my card has expired! The card I never received or used has expired! Hmmm.

Is it just me or are BT chancing their arm with these cards and not posting them out to people unless they go hunting for them! 

Please can anyone here help me get my card, or should I just phone BT and speak to someone? Thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Reward card never came

Welcome to this user forum. @ickpers 

Did you actually claim it using that link, when your broadband was activated?

It has to be claimed, its not sent automatically.

If you did not claim it, then it would have expired.

"You must claim your BT Reward Card once your broadband is installed and you have 3 months from this date to claim. After 3 months your claim will expire and you will no longer be able to claim. (If your order was placed before the 1st JULY 2016, then the 6 month claim period still applies)."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ickpers
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi and thanks for the reply. I dont understand why would you have to claim it. Thats the reason I went with BT.  Why did BT not email me telling me to claim the card?

Really sneaky by BT, heres me waiting for the card to be sent out, then eventually forgetting about it as they no doubt expect most people to do.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Its actually mentioned if you look at the current offers, that has always been the case.

https://www.bt.com/broadband/deals/

"The BT Reward card is preloaded with funds you can spend at most merchants that display the Mastercard®. Only available to new BT customers ordering BT Broadband/BT Superfast Fibre on bt.com. Available with or without TV. Claim once your broadband is up and running. T&Cs apply"

The only time you do not have to claim, is if its offered as an incentive to renew your current broadband deal, its then send out automatically.

The policy is probably decided by the BT promotions team.

0 Ratings
ickpers
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Just thinking about this I actually got one sent out before ages ago for M&S. I can see why they do it this way, it for sure works out for them as so many people seem to be looking for their card. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @ickpers 

Thanks for your posts and welcome back!

Sorry that the reward card has expired.  The advice the guys gave you on here is correct.  You need to claim for the reward card and if it's not claimed within 3 months then the card would expire.

However, send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.  I can't promise anything at the moment but we will see if there is anything that we can do.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

ickpers
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I have replied to your PM. Thanks 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

You're welcome @ickpers 

As soon as you reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will get back to you.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
legalexpert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I am in the same situation as you. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who was deceived by their advertising but then waited months for the reward card that never arrived in the post.

No reminder email (in an age where email reminders are automated), no obviously highlighted key terms when you sign up for BT Broadband.

I am hoping more people like you are taking this up with the ASA, that is the Advertising Standards Agency, and take your time to speak to the Ombudsman.

Just because BT made up the rules and are capable of pointing their fingers at it later on, doesn't mean they are right. For arguments sake, they could ve hidden a term that you owe them 1000 pounds for cancellation! (Yes, I know penalty clauses are unenforceable under the law of England and Wales, but only if you take it up to the authorities.)

The takeaway from this post is this: it is obvious that BT is using this tactic to avoid giving you the 'cashback' on your contract. Take the time to write to ASA and the Ombudsman, and maybe Ofcom too; Never underestimate the power of the people!

0 Ratings