cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puichow85
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Reward card not fulfilled

I signed up to super fast fibre broadband service during cyber Monday on 2nd December 2019 which included a £100 reward card. My line/internet was activated in 3rd January 2020 (as I had to give my previous provider 30 days notice to cancel). However BT are now telling me I am not eligible for this offer and they stated at the time I signed up they cannot see this offer was available. I have found on the reward card page on the BT website that this offer was indeed a valid offer for this time period. What can I do?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Reward card not fulfilled

@Puichow85 

You cannot claim your reward card until 14 days after your service was activated.

Was this the offer you signed up on line for?

From 22.11.19 until 02.12.19 new to BT customers are eligible for a £100 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre Package, £125 Reward Card when ordering a Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited, and a £125 Reward Card when ordering an Ultrafast Fibre 100 or 250 Package. Existing BT Broadband customers upgrading their BT broadband or those adding just BT TV are excluded.

If so then you should be able to claim your reward from the 17th January 2020, using this link.

https://www.bt.com/manage/bt-reward-card/

0 Ratings
Puichow85
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thank you. Yes I signed up online. I understand I cannot claim till after the cooling period however a BT agent on the phone advised this offer was not a valid offer at the time I signed up.  I also spoke to a manager and they "investigated " they said they looked at all the offers available on the day I signed up and the £100 reward card was not one of them. I dont want to wait for the 14 day cooling period for the £100 reward card to not be applied and then I'll be stuck with BT for 24months.

Yes that is the exact offer. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Puichow85 

The 14 day cooling off period is to stop people claiming the reward, then cancelling their contract.

If you have any issues claiming the reward card after 14 days have passed, then there is plenty of help here from the moderators who are BT employees, they can deal with all of these issues.

Rewards are dealt with by a special team, so its not surprising that the people you spoke to were not aware.

Please post back here once the 14 days are up, if you cannot see and claim the reward card using the link I posted.

0 Ratings
Puichow85
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Than you for your help. 

Would this offer not show up on my account as pending? Because I'm being told something else over the phone. They are adamant that I am was not eligible for this offer and that they can offer £70 credit in to my account as a good will gesture. Which I think is insulting to say the least considering I signed up for a £100 reward card. Or the other option they offered me is to cancel within 14 days which is not helpful to me at all. I spoke to a manager also which I assume is experienced and more knowledgeable than the BT agent, but he is also adamant that I am not eligible stating there was not such deal at the time of me placing my order.

Reading some if the previous threads I can see it has taken a lot of people a long time or a lot of hassle to claim these reward cards. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

To offer reassurance, I will ask a moderator to comment.

I assume you have tried viewing the claim page?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Puichow85
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thank you so much. 

Yes I tried looking on the claims page and it stated I do not have any rewards to claim. That is why I made a call to them this morning. 

Thank you again. 

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Puichow85,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

It does look like the offer was still active on the date you placed you order from looking at the terms of the offer.  Try raising your claim after the 14 days have passed and if you're having problems give us a shout and we will look into this for you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Puichow85
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I will check again after 14 days. Thank you very much for your help. 

0 Ratings