cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Reward cards. Furious!!!

Was just trying to convince my parents to move over to bt when I realised I haven't seen either of my £40 next voucher or my £100 reward card.

A quick phone call to bt resulted in an extremely rude telephone operative hanging up me after telling me my voucher expired a few weeks ago.

Now bear in mind the voucher were the only reason I left sky.

Why why why bt make it such hard work to reclaim your voucher which was so clearly advertised.

I work away nearly a month at a time and should I seriously have to ring bt from abroad to simply get something that was rightfully mine.

I'll call again in the morning but expect it just get another rude reply.

In the meantime I'll be advising my parents to go elsewhere.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Reward cards. Furious!!!

did you apply for the card after the service went live
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

@Doubledoyle

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

@Doubledoyle wrote:
Why why why bt make it such hard work to reclaim your voucher which was so clearly advertised.

Simple.  The people that offer these sorts of rewards rely on a proportion of people failing to claim them.  It's factored in when calculating how generous the offer can be.  Too generous, and you end up making a loss (as Hoover discovered a few years ago).

As a result, you always have to apply for the reward, there's always a specific time window in which to apply, and you always have to keep something which people are liable to lose or throw away (in this case, your original order number).

Highlighted
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Yep sounds about right.
Unfortunately for them it's a false economy, because as a customer I feel cheated and will use every opportunity to bring the subject and warn people away from similar offers and bt
0 Ratings
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Still waiting for a moderator to contact me
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Hi @Doubledoyle and thanks for posting.

Did you claim the vouchers once your services were active? If not you might stall be able to claim. If you did claim them then you'll need to chase with the relevant offer team. You'll get details on all of that at claiming my vouchers.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Unfortunately not.
I was away with work almost immediately.
Obviously bt will brush me off now over a technicality
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Not a technicality, a matter of fact.

You chose not to read the terms of the offer. The reward can be claimed online. I find it hard to believe you had zero access to any internet connectivity at all.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Yes I agree difficult but not impossible,

But why put a timescale on the offer?
Obviously just to catch out the few who do not apply within time.

What other reason would there be?
0 Ratings