cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Reward not eligible

Spoiler

Just wondered if anyone can help, I placed an order online which was eligible for a reward.

As normal bt requested access to my landlane but rather than taking my virgin number that I gave them they requested access for my work provided landline as they could see that was live at my address, which was flagged with my employer, as a request to change provider. I called up and spoke to someone who cancelled the request for the work landline and moved it to the one it was supposed to taken. So package is now live and I'm trying to claim my reward although I'm now told by online chat I'm not eligible as I didn't place the order online! I'm really unhappy if that's the case. Hopefully someone can help. 😊

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Reward not eligible

@daniellemasterson 

Only online orders qualify for a reward card, unless you had verbal confirmation that you would receive one. All calls are recorded.

Virgin use their own network, so BT Retail would have needed to provide a new line, which has now been done.

Because your original order was placed online, it may be possible to get this sorted.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I was editing to say I appreciate that it's before the cooling off period which I realise I can't claim until thats over as well but it was placed online with the call made so that my work landline wasn't affected.

Thanks for your reply. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

@daniellemasterson, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've sent you a private message so you can raise this with the moderation team.

We'll be happy to raise this with our reward team as I appreciate your original order was placed online and then cancelled through no fault of yours.

0 Ratings