cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
finnon5
Message 1 of 15

Ridiculous process of cancelling then re-ordering for a new customer.

I'm not usually one to complain as I have experienced working in customer services and call centres, but so far I've the worst experience with BT Customer services.

Initially we couldn't place an order online so I called up and explained and the agent advised me to place an order over the phone, at the time I was never told we wouldn't get the online incentives through ordering over the phone (£120 reward card).

12 hours after making the order the package we'd chosen went on sale so I rang to try and change our price and to get the Incentives (as then I was advised I should of initially been passed to the Easy Assist team). This couldn't be done.

I was told the only way BT could do this is if I would have to cancel my order and place a new one. I was told after 24 hours I would be able to place an order again. Again, unable to place an order online and after calling up in consecutive days were told to wait another 24 hours for 3 days in a row to wait for the order to cancel.

I rang up the next day to be told that one agent had written in the case notes that I had agreed to continue with the order. This is totally unacceptable in itself and it's lucky that I rang.

All of our equipment arrived 4 days after cancelling and after setting everything up I was suprised to find everything worked (internet etc)

After ringing up again and finding that the order has successfully cancelled, I was then told that I had to return all of our equipment to then receive the exact same equipment once we placed another order. This is all due to a BT mistake of not passing me through to the correct team, yet I'm having to make the effort to sort this all out. I can't believe that this is a normal process for a company as large as BT.

Over the past 5 days I have spent 3 hours 20 minutes on the phone to BT and I've never experienced such a poor service and lack of help. Every staff member I spoke to were focused on me just accepting their original mistake or trying to convince me to reinstate the cancelled order to make things easier.

Surely there must be an easier way to sort this out?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Ridiculous process of cancelling then re-ordering for a new customer.

Hi @finnon5

Sorry to hear you couldn't order online and take advantage of the insentives. I just want to clarify, that as it stands you do not have an order placed or a working service from BT so we can try and get you the best help...

I think one of the things we need to work out is why you couldn't order online, and if there is anyway you this can be fixed if you have not already placed an order. What happens when you tried to order online?

In regards to placing and cancelling orders, like most companies BT uses a lot of automated systems. As I am sure you can appreicate with offering so many services and products it can get confusing for both customers and staff who normally trust the system. The order management system only normally lets one thing happen at a time meaning that it normally requires you waiting until order completes/ or a cancellation has been completed to make amendments, changes or placing new orders.

If you have still not placed an order, let us know what the online order says when you try and we can try and find you some help.

0 Ratings
finnon5
Message 3 of 15

Hi @Dean007,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Before we'd placed an order over the phone, we were getting the error message at the point of confirming our package and being redirect to secureorder.bt.com saying

"We're sorry...

We're sorry but we can't process your order at this time. Please call one of our helpful advisors on 0800 800 150."

This is still the case and we cannot order online but can over the phone with an advisor. 

Thanks,
Liam

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

@finnon5

I can totally understand how frustraiting it gets when online ordering is supposed to make it easier. Clearly issues like this need to be passed on and prevented..nobody want's an unhappy customer.

If you are still wanting to place an order online, let me know. I will ask one of the moderators who you will be pleased to know are very knowledgeable in everything BT, and if they can not help they will know a person who can. It maybe the case it needs to be passed back to the BT.com team or another department but the moderators can give the best advice.

0 Ratings
finnon5
Message 5 of 15

Thanks @Dean007,

We would love to place an order online. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great. 

Cheers,
Liam

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

@finnon5

Hi Liam, 

I have asked one of the moderation team to come and have a chat, they are very friendly and don't bite Smiley Happy

They are fairly busy but should come and post here shortly.. you may need to check back... 

0 Ratings
finnon5
Message 7 of 15

Thanks @Dean007 appreciate it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

enter your address and post result  remember delete address  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

which package are you trying to order?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
finnon5
Message 9 of 15

Hi @imjolly,

Results posted below:

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability DateFTTP Install ProcessOther Offerings     Availability Date 
WBC FTTPUp to 1000Up to 220--Available2 Stage 
VDSL Multicast------Available-- 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

No Market information is available.

There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 12-Jul-2018.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Hi @finnon5 Sorry you were not able to place your order online and had to call us. 

There are a few reasons why online orders cannot be processed. Is you property a new build property and if so is it listed on the Royal Mail website? Also what products were you ordering as some services cannot be ordered online. 

if you are ordering fibre broadband please can you post the results from the Broadband Availability Checker. Please remember to delete your address before you post. 

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You