cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dazed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Right billing address, wrong delivery address?

Go to solution

Hi, hoping somebody can help!

I am a current BT broadband customer, and I recently added BT mobile to my account - received the SIM card etc and all is active and well.

However, I spotted that the delivery address for my SIM (and equipment in general) is not the same as my billing address - the billing address is correct and is listed on the Royal Mail Postcode Finder (https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode). However, the delivery address is an outdated version that is not listed on the Royal Mail Postcode Finder, and I've not been able to change this.

I raised this after a conversation with a member of the billing team before I received my SIM, but they mentioned that it would not be possible to change it as they did not see the address listed, only the outdated version. Although I did receive the SIM, this is not my address as it should be listed, and things have previously been misdelivered to other flats that I have no connection with, and I'd like to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. I've also noticed that a recent reminder regarding my broadband appears to be addressed to the outdated address. All my bills are addressed correctly, however.

To give a bit of context, when I moved into my current place about 4 years ago, I had a lot of issues getting my BT broadband set up, because the correct address was not appearing on the relevant systems (the correct address was on the Royal Mail database however), and a completely unrelated flat in the building was connected in my name (it's a house converted into flats with their own individual addresses), despite having an active line in my flat, whose number I had provided as part of the activation process.

I was told at the time that the address would be changed (it was escalated) - now, I can see that only the billing address was changed to the correct one, but the delivery address was set as the outdated version, which I didn't give.

I suspect that in my most recent phone call, either my address is not appearing, or they didn't spot it in the drop down list of addresses. When setting up other utilities I've noticed that my address doesn't necessarily appear in the right place numerically.

Looking at other community threads, it appears that my problem is the same as this thread - https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Wrong-Broadband-Delivery-Address/td-p/1936028

Would it be possible to get the delivery address updated please? I see that this happened in the above thread. I hope that it wouldn't cause accidental cancellation to my broadband service (or recently obtained mobile service) which has been going on swimmingly since the original issues 4 years ago! Happy to provide further details where needed.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Right billing address, wrong delivery address?

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Good Morning @dazed,

It's good to see you back on the Community again Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the address wasn't updated for you in the past.  If you check your private messages you will see one from me telling you how you can reach my team for support. We will do everything we can to help you.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread, the address that we may need to change is called the installation address.

Thanks for flagging this to me @Keith_Beddoe.

DanielS

dazed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @DanielS , @Keith_Beddoe ,

Thanks for forwarding this one - I've sent a PM as requested (sorry for the wall of text in the PM, it seems the paragraphing didn't go through in my response).

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @dazed,

Thank you for sending in your details. I've sent off a request to have the installation address details corrected. I'll post back as soon as I have confirmation that this has been done.

Thanks

PaddyB

dazed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the heads up @PaddyB
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @dazed,

Just a quick update to let you know that the installation address has been corrected.

Thanks

PaddyB

dazed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks!
0 Ratings