Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Routed to wrong exchange

@Mixyblob wrote:

Retiring after 22 years as a BT/OR engineer, I thought my days of utter frustration with the company were over......

Then you will know about routing errors Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Mixyblob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Unfortunately, I do 😞
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Interesting to hear about your comments about routing errors.  In Broadband terms - not circuit switched telephony, I seem to be put on various VLANS with subnet addresses as far away as Northern Ireland and Scotland. I live in Mid Wales, a place of very poor broadband and lots of promises of fibre!

I theoretically receive about 3.5 Mbits/sec download yet I have appalling browsing speeds. Pages do not apear and then appear and fill the screen like lightning. It says to me that prioritisation is taking all bandwidth and when a gap appears in the pipe "bulk" browsing is able to function.  My own feelings are that the QoS is a mess and needs sorting.  Any comments?

0 Ratings
Mixyblob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Just a quick update....
I finally have BT Infinity working in my home. I first applied on the 1st August and it was switched on on 16th November. Bearing mind this was an "apps in situ" provide with all wires existing and the property having sevice 3 years ago.
Some of the highlights of this order include, refusal of Infinity due to (supposedly) being routed EO to an exchange 50 miles away!, 2 missed appointments with no contact from OR, 5 different engineers (that I'm aware of), an A55 for 2 new cable lengths, 1 O/H and 1 U/G, kicked into touch by Planning and resolved with a stopped line and to top it all off, a bill for calls made before my line was working.!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Have all outstanding issues, including billing been resolved, or do you need more help?

0 Ratings
Mixyblob
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Thanks for the offer of help Keith but I have my very own BT complaints chap who will hopefully get everything sorted when he gets back from holiday.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Thanks, can this thread be marked as solved? You can always return to this forum if you need help with anything else.

0 Ratings