cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marctilling
Message 1 of 13

Rural Fibre Activation

Need to vent somewhere, and as BT have this set up, thought it would be a good place. 

Have just spend my drive into work talking to India, running through the same things I did for 1/2 hour last night. 

So, I've just moved back into my house in Rural Northamptonshire which should have been nice and set up with Fibre Broadband just before I moved in. The village has only just been upgraded to fibre. A friend of mine across the road reported that he had initial issues with set up due to the fact that no one physically came out to the exchange and swapped his line over from a standard line to a fibre line. I have explained to BT that I feel this is the case and can they send someone out to check this first before I book a 1/2 day off work for a visit "between 1-6pm....."..... 

So, I now have a visit booked for this friday between 1-6pm and I'll make it back home if I can, but I think I already know the problem is with your exchange set up, so whats the point in me taking a 1/2 day!?..... 

... leaving this here now so I have a starting point to the thread, although anyone who'd like to chip in feel free, and I'll update when I know more!.....

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Rural Fibre Activation

Welcome to this user forum.

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

I assume you already have a working BT Retail phone line, and have placed an order for BT Infinity?

In order to find out what services and speed range you coulld be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

That will tell you whether your cabinet is fibre enabled.

0 Ratings
Marctilling
Message 3 of 13

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 08.57.54.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Marctilling
Message 4 of 13

Does this help?.....and yes, I have placed an order with BT Infinity.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

If you have placed an order for BT Infinity, then there is no reason why it should not progress normally. It may take longer this time of the year.

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

They should be able to tell you the progress of your order, if you cannot see it on MyBT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

I'm confused. Infinity is self install unless you have booked an engineer to visit. Is the booking to provide service or to clear a fault?

0 Ratings
Marctilling
Message 7 of 13

It has apparently already been activated, but when the hub is plugged in it just gives a steady oragnge light which means no internet connection.....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

The Exchange has nothing to do with VDSL. VDSL comes from a Remote DSLAM next to the PCP.

In a lot of cases RDSLAMS aren't even connected directly to the Exchange the PCP is on but instead the Parent Exchange.

When you said fibred only recently come to the Village do you know if your PCP was newly installed?

If so I know thee faults one of two things, either your Hub6 is faulty as most are. Or the routing in the new PCP is wrong and the Installer doing the install on your line hasn't bothered to check the correct dial tone on the quoted routing and just jumpered it through regardless. Contractors are renowned for doing that!
0 Ratings
Marctilling
Message 10 of 13

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 10.58.17.pngit is this one......

0 Ratings