Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

SIM Only deals + BT Reward Card query

Hi All,

Saw these deals today: https://www.bt.com/mobile/sim-only-deals/ and thinking of taking two of the £10 p/m 4GB  + £50 Reward Card (for myself and my wife). We are existing BT Mobile customers, BB users (£5 discount). Currently the two SIMs are managed under the same BT account but they are not BT Family SIMs.

The contracts' minimum term is long over (these are 12 month contracts taken in March/April 2016), so, as I understand, all we have to do is give 30 days notice [looks like this can be done by phone only] and after 30 days our current contracts will stop.

I'm doing my math and trying to spot the catch: once we've done this switch we end up with paying the same amount monthly, bound for another 12 months, have slightly better terms (4GB vs 2GB, unlimited calls vs 500 min - not important for us at all) + we have £100 worth Reward cards. Yes, and the monthly payment for the old and new SIMs will probably overlap due to 30 days notice requirement, and we'll have new phone numbers unless we go for a bumpy road of porting the old ones through some other network back into BT...

1. Anyone sees the catch or anything that prevents us from taking the two SIMs on these conditions?

2. Did I get it right - if I take this new deal for one SIM and add the 2nd SIM as a Family SIM (as the ordering process immediately offers) - I will pay £2 less monthly but will only get one £50 Reward card?

Thanks in advance,

tum_

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: SIM Only deals + BT Reward Card query

OK, 77 Views - zero comments. 🙂

I'll interpret this as no obvious pitfalls have been spotted by anyone and will go for it.

Today is the last day of the deal.

0 Ratings
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: SIM Only deals + BT Reward Card query

Still puzzled. Started the ordering process (of a new SIM only deal with Reward for existing Broadband customers) and it asks (again) whether I'm New or Existing customer, selected Existing; enter phone or email - entered email; choose the account from the list - chosen; then the below two options are offered:
----------

Your BT Mobile order

What would you like to do?

Please select from the options below.

Add a new BT SIM, Family SIM, or handset plan.
Choosing this option will result in a new SIM being provided with a new mobile number.
Make changes to your existing BT Mobile plans.
Choosing this option will allow you to change your existing SIM plans.

Whilst you are waiting for your new BT Mobile phone, we cannot change your plan. Once your mobile phone has arrived, you will be able to change your plan.

----------

I suspect that the second option (make changes to your existing plan) will not qualify for a reward. But there is nothing that explicitly states this, so it's rather confusing.

Can anyone shed a light, please? Needless to say the second option would keep me the existing number but if no Reward there's no point.

Thank you.
tum_

0 Ratings