Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adrir
Beginner
Message 1 of 84

Sainsbury's Voucher Promotion -- Confusion and Anger

Dear BTCare Community,

As an existing BT customer, I recently upgraded by internet connection to BT Infinity after I saw the promotion for Sainsbury's vouchers in February this year (Order: BTCD**********). I ordered online and the process went reasonably smoothly, so I am currently all setup.

On the 23rd Feb, I received an email reminding me to claim the voucher once I was up and running; which was on 7th March. However, when I examined the online claim form that weekend, it did not ist February 2014 as an eligible date (as the offer seems to have expired on 16th December 2013) and I have now received a follow-up email stating that BT needs to check whether or not I am an eligible for the offer. 

Frankly, I am absolutely furious.

The promotion is the only reason I chose to continue with BT (and, indeed, upgrade to Infinity) as the voucher offset most of the savings I could have made through switching to another Internet Service Provider.

This falls under negligent misrepresentation as defined in the Misrepresentation Act 1967 (on the part of BT) for promoting the offer to me. I was logged into the BT website as a current BT customer and the promotion was listed as one of the packages within the "upgrade your BT broadband" section. The eligibility criteria (notably, the dates) were not clearly listed in the terms and conditions that were presented to me when I made the order online. There was no warning about my eligibility when my details were processed after entering my phone number and post code on the online order form. Furthermore, the dates only seem to be listed on a separate website (the online claim form) that is linked to from the order confirmation (e.g. not before).

I would like an amicable solution as soon as possible -- but have not had a decisive response from BT about my eligibility and am unsure where to address my complaint.

Please direct me to a point of contact (or department) which would be able to handle this complaint in a timely manner as I would prefer not to wait 45 days to discover my eligability status.

With Regards,

Adrir

0 Ratings
83 REPLIES 83
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 84

Re: Sainsbury's Voucher Promotion -- Confusion and Anger

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved.
Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them
They will contact you personally by email or phonemod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 84

Hi Adrir

Welcome to the forums.

I am really sorry that you have had trouble with the voucher.  I'll get to the bottom of this for you.

Could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
acenan
Beginner
Message 4 of 84

I too am an extremely upset bt customer. My complaint is almost identical to Adrir. I have spent hours trying to get a BT customer advisor to deal with my complaint and I keep getting passed from pillar to post.
I too am an existing customer who upgraded from bt broadband to infinity at the beginning of March 2014. I upgraded via bt.com and the offer of a £100 sainsburys voucher was certainly an influencing factor in my decision to upgrade. Like Adir, I received an email reminding me to claim my voucher, but the claim form did not list any march 2014 as an eligible date. I too have received an email stating that bt needs to check whether I am eligible. I was furious too... In fact I still am.
I sent an email to bt (in accordance with the complaints policy) explaining the problems I have had. (I have spent hours on the phone and online to bt). Yesterday I received an email stating that although my order date is within the eligibility date, as I am not a new customer I am not entitled to the voucher. This is an absolute outrage. The ad at the time stated it was for new bt customers and existing customers upgrading to infinity.
I am at the point of pulling the plug on all my bt contracts... Breach of contract you say.....well BT have certainly broke their contract to me.
Like Adrir, I totally agree with negligent misrepresentation as defined in the Misrepresentation Act 1967 (on the part of BT) for promoting the offer to me. I was logged into the BT website as a current BT customer and the promotion was listed as one of the packages within the "upgrade your BT broadband" section.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 84

Hi acenan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry you haven't received the Sainsbury voucher since upgrading your broadband service.  I can help you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Atomant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 84

My problem is an exact match to acenan. I received and email from the voucher team that I am not eligible because I am an existing BT customer!
Before I place the order for BT infinity I had contacted BT customer service asking them to close my account. The reason was the existing broadband speed was too slow. Slower than my mobile! I was paying £26.50 a month for broadband for a speed below one. The person I spoke to at the time said there is no need to cancel the broadband. If I am to go online to upgrade to BT infinity I will be qualified for the vouchers on offer. I did place the order online on 27/04/14 when there was a £100 Sainsbury voucher offer for both new and existing BT customers who upgrade to BT infinity. Now I am told I am not qualified for the offer!
I had also had problem with my BT infinity switching dates. BT emailed me to say I will be switched to infinity on 12/05/14 but later sent another email to day it will be delayed until 14/05/14. When this date arrived I could not use my broadband. I when to check but was told to wait until after midnight on the day to check that infinity is up and running. I only learnt the following day that BT had cut my telephone line and broadband on the activation date! I had to use my mobile to contact BT and it cost me a fortune. I was informed by BT they did not send an engineer out on the date of activation and it was a mistake on their behalf. I would now have to wait a further five days before they can send out an engineer to rectify their mistake. My telephone and broadband were down until the problem was resolved. I was told the switch over was going to be smooth and easy but all I am receiving was griefs and disappointments! Never want to go through this again. BT recently billed me for the days I was not getting the telephone and broadband connection. This is outrageous! I had contacted BT yesterday and the charge was redunded but I had to call several times as I was cut off during a conversations and when I call back it was a different person so I had to explain myself again.
I had also asked for help with my situation on the £100 Sainsbury vouchers they have sent me a link to the claims website. This was the site I had already sent my claim in and they had emailed me back to say I am not qualify because I am an existing customer! I had found myself going in circles!
Please please please can anyone help?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 84

Hi Atomant,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you’re having so many problems with the voucher claim. I’ll be happy to take a look at this for you and find out what’s going on. Just drop me an email with the details including any order reference numbers you might have. You’ll get the ‘contact us’ form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Atomant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 84

My problems is not yet resolved! I was promised a call back by a manager of BT Care with an update. Frankly they do not care! I am still waiting for this telephone call with an update. Please help. The case reference is incident: ******.******

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 84

Hi Atomant,

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for an update. 

I have emailed Karen and she will be in touch tomorrow with an update for you. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Atomant
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 84

Pierce ********, who said he is the manager of the BT Care Team, had telephoned me just before 5pm today. I was still at work. This makes it very inconvenient for me to discuss my private business. He had accepted that I was being mislead by one of BT's employee who had advised me that if I place my order online for BT Infinity I will be qualified for the Sainsbury's voucher, on offer at the time was £100. Pierce said sorry for that but I am still not qualify to receive the voucher. I said if he had accepted it is BT's employee's genuine mistake, after his investigation, then they should honour their promise by sending me the voucher. He went on to offer me £30. I felt this sounded like bribery so I refused. He then said if I do not accept he will close my case! I asked him if he was threatening me by forcing me to accept his offer? He said: 'I DON'T CARE!' I then asked him what department he is working in. He said he is in Customer Care. I asked him if he us in the wrong department. Because he said he did not care about my case! Then immediately denied he had said the words Not Care.

My case is still NOT resolve. I am now left frightened and loss without a case! Please please please can any one help me out?

It is not my intention to become a BT customer and pay my bills promptly to receive in return anger and frustration.

0 Ratings