cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sainsbury's voucher - I am not eligible?

I've had a horrible start to BT since my order was placed in August 2013 (don't know exact date).  There has been cases where BT has had no track of my order like if it never existed.  So I have probably reordered like 10 times due to this.  Endless calls on the phone to BT because 'infinity is not available in my area' when I had it with my previous provider Plusnet.  The main reason to switch to BT was for the Sainsbury's voucher worth £50 at the time (i think).  Once the problem was found out, that I had to do my order via phone, I was told I could get the voucher even though it was done via phone. I have been very nice to BT and was nicely not to raise a complaint. However i've been told I am not eligible for a voucher because I placed the order via phone.  The advisor told me at the time that I would still receive the voucher when I apply for it which I have done.  I was going to give this voucher for my daughter who is at Hull University and so she could use the voucher to treat herself to drinks and groceries she may have required.  But now I regret coming to BT and wish I stayed with Plusnet.   The BT service is just not good enough for me and it has really gone downhill since I left in 2009 due to price rise. I hope I don't have to leave again.  I've also had to deal with a faulty hub with intermittent WiFi signal loss.  These still haven't been resolved even though i've tried all the troubleshooting steps.  However WiFi isn't a prioty to me as my devices are wired.  But this is still an issue with connecting smartphones and TV's.

Please BT sort out the problems above.  Please don't make me raise a complaint with you and Ofcom.  I want to be a loyal customer.  I feel I have been less appreciated than others.

ModernFamilyFan

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sainsbury's voucher - I am not eligible?

The forum mods will reply to you here and give you their link when they read your post
Please do not send them a PM as this is not the correct contact method and this may delay any reply from them as they may not be back on shift for some time  

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi ModernFamilyfan,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
IDO
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have had a similar problem although I did apply on line. It seems to me that BT have underestimated the demand and not put sufficient resources into meeting what they promised in their adverts. One of the attractions for me was BT Sport free for a year. Mainly for my son who has Sky multiroom. After several e mails and no replies I eventually discovered buried in the small print that it did not apply to Sky multiroom. I could give more examples of where I felt let down with the process but it would do my head in !

0 Ratings
ModernFamilyfan
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Well for the BT sport scenario. 

When I did my first order they asked for the viewing card no, the box was active and could receive BT sport and viewable.  However other multiroom sky plus hd box wasn't able to view bt sport.  Once my MyBT account details came through in post, i could activate BT sport, but i already gave BT the details.  So I put in my other box viewing card details in the order, and both my boxes get BT Sport FOC.

The man on the phone said it was a gesture of goodwill due to my issues. but still not enough without my voucher

0 Ratings
thess5000
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Today I've got the reply to my voucher claim and apparently it looks like we have the same issue!

I thought the days when the provider tries to cheat you are over since I've switched to BT - it appears their not.

I placed the order online, had to change the date for later which I did via the phone and today I'm being told that I placed the order via phone? How's that? Even in the first e-mail I got there's a like to the claim site...

That's just cheating. Is there anything I can do to address this?

0 Ratings