Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ihunter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Sainsbury voucher and what constitutes an existing customer

Go to solution

I'm in the process of moving my fibre broadband and phone line from Sky to BT so I class myself as a new customer for these products and qualifying for the Sainsbury voucher. However, on going through the online process I was asked if I already had BT Sport, which I do, and was then asked to enter my account number for it, which I did. Under another account number associated with my BT login I also have a BT Infinity connection at my daughter's university accommodation (the 9 month student deal that doesn't qualify for any vouchers).

Now at no stage has it been stated or even suggested that I don't qualify but my question is will BT class me as an existing customer because of the BT Sport account and/or daughter's BT Infinity account or as a new customer because I'm taking up the fibre broadband and phone line? The voucher was the deciding factor on moving to BT so if I don't qualify I need to know whilst I'm still within my 14 day cancellation period because if I wait until I can apply for it I'll be past the point of being able to cancel and I don't really want to be finding out then that I don't qualify.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sainsbury voucher and what constitutes an existing customer

Go to solution

try live chat

live chat

if that does not help then try the options team 0800800030  they are uk based  they are really to help for existing customers but may be able to answer your question

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ihunter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Good idea...

Tried it and the agent confirmed that I do qualify for the voucher. I just hope that I get it a little easier than others appear to have done (kept a copy of the transcript just in case).

Thanks imjolly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

that's good

any problems with voucher then post back and see if mods can help - they have helped quiet a few as the posts show

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings