cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Second Line Help

So my issue is after the wait for my Smart Hub 2 to come in. I have made a massive mistake when actually buying the wifi. My mother has a line in the living room with another wifi provider (Not BT). I have messed up and used that number to basically take over that line for my wifi (BT) which was a mistake. And now she can’t use hers because it was cancelled. Even though this has happened, I’ve only now recently learned I have a Master Socket in my Bedroom. Stupid aren’t I! I tried plugging my new wifi into the bedroom line but that hasn’t worked because its not connected to the correct Line/Master Socket. Is there a way to get this to happen? Like I want the linked line in the Living Room to be reallocated into my Bedroom and have my Mothers wifi back up running again on the Living Room line. So basically having 2 wifi routers and fixing this major headache.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Second Line Help

You will need to get the other provider to re-instate her line. That may need a new contract and phone number.

You may have to cancel your BT order until her line has been restored. Then place a new order, and say you have no phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi there.

But I don’t want to cancel mine as I’ve literally just got it like a few hours ago in the post. Would I have to rebuy everything again?  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@MadDawgPJ wrote:

Hi there.

But I don’t want to cancel mine as I’ve literally just got it like a few hours ago in the post. Would I have to rebuy everything again?  

In that case, you have taken over your mother`s line, and she will have to apply for a new line from her provider, but she will lose her phone number.

I am surprised she was not notified that someone was trying to take over her line. Her provider must have assumed she move her service to BT. Lets hope she was not in a contract, as she would have to pay cancellation charges.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Right ok. So her current wifi has been cancelled and she has been charged £40. Is there no way that my BT can be reallocated into my bedroom then? And if not what would you recommend to be the best entire option for saving money for both of us.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@MadDawgPJ wrote:

Right ok. So her current wifi has been cancelled and she has been charged £40. Is there no way that my BT can be reallocated into my bedroom then? And if not what would you recommend to be the best entire option for saving money for both of us.

There is absolutely nothing BT can do about this. She will have to place a new order with a provider, and start all over again, making sure she says its a new line, and she does not have an existing one, otherwise she could end up taking over your service, and you would end up with a large cancellation charge from BT.

If she does not want her own line, then you could extend your phone line into another room, using standard telephone extension cables, assuming all she wants is a phone connection.

0 Ratings