cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhiskyWerrington
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Service stopped - No final bill - DD still taken!

Go to solution

Moving house - so successfully stopped all BT services on 19 October and was promised a final bill within a few days of then. I was out of contract and had given the necessary 1 month notice.

No final bill has yet arrived on paper or online and on 26 October, BT took the next full Direct Debit advance charge up to 17 November (£55).

Have spoken twice to Billing - who agree that something has gone wrong and got promises of a call back and / or text resolution. 

Nothing has happened and I am concerned that come mid-November, another £55 will be taken.

Yes - I could cancel the DD, but that would probably just result in me being put into default! Not a situation I want.

This feels like swimming in treacle. What do I need to do to get this sorted? Any suggestions please?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JohnC2
Message 2 of 7

Re: Service stopped - No final bill - DD still taken!

Go to solution

Hi @WhiskyWerrington sorry you have not received your final bill yet.

We will be happy to get your account closed and the final bill issued if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods. 

Cheers
John

WhiskyWerrington
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 (and team).

Many Thanks for your intervention. My Final Bill has now appeared and it tells me that a credit is due. Fantastic stuff and I am very grateful for your prompt action to sort out what looked like an unexpected system glitch.

Incidentally, I am staying with BT - my fiancee already has a BT package, so I may be back on the community if you're really unlucky! LOL!

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You are more than @WhiskyWerrington,

I've highlighted your positive feedback to @JohnC2 and he thanked you for your kind words.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@WhiskyWerrington Brilliant I'm glad that's all sorted for you. It was myself who called and fixed that for you after @JohnC2 offered you our contact link lol  Smiley Happy

WhiskyWerrington
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO.  Yes Many Thanks to you! Would have mentioned you directly earlier if I had known your forum username, - didn't want to name you otherwise.

Thx for your pm. Reply blocked - so yes I'm more han happy to do as you asked with a "++" feedack !

Great service.

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@WhiskyWerrington no problem at all I was glad that I could help and thanks for doing that for me.

0 Ratings