cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnz_
Message 1 of 8

Service transfer issues

Go to solution

I have recently placed an order to switch from my current ISP to BT, and today I have received a transfer notification letter from my current ISP saying that BT have requested them to transfer the landline service only.

Now, I have phoned up my ISP regarding this issue and they told me that usually both of the landline and broadband service transfer is requested at once, so it seems a bit strange that BT only requested the landline transfer.

What should I do? should I ring up BT to double check with them or BT just havn't done it yet, so just wait for them to submit the broadband service transfer?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Service transfer issues

Go to solution

who is current ISP?

what broadband service are you switching - adsl, FTTC or FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Johnz_
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

My current ISP is daisy communications, and as for the broadband service, I'm not sure which FTTx it is...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

They are a business provider, so are you a business user?

0 Ratings
Johnz_
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, but not anymore, we ran a chip shop so we signed up for a business landline, realising that we don't need a business landline anymore, so thinking of switching to BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

not sure you will be able to switch business line to residential line  so you are no longer a business user?    did you have broadband on your business line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I am wondering if that is the issue, as the transfer of broadband from a business provider to a residential connection may be causing the issue.

The order needs to be looked at in more detail.

Johnz_
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I see, yeah I'm thinking along the same line here, I dunno, might just going to phone up BT and double check with them.

Thanks for the help!

0 Ratings