cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Services cut off early

I have three services with BT

2x mobile and broadband, I contacted them on the 14th of January, to inform them that I am moving provider, and to question as to whether the price of my two mobile contracts would be affected. I was informed that they would remain the same, but was asked when I would be leaving. I then informed them my new services where to begin on the 5th of February  and was told my services would be stopped on the 15th of February,  

unfortunately yesterday morning the 15th of January, my Internet had been cut off. I I have since contacted BT who have told me there is absolutely nothing they can do, the best they can offer is in a few days I can potentially start a new contract. This means I am going to be without Internet for nearly 2 weeks, this is a complete disgrace. 
How is it that I am still paying the bill, still within contract, but yet it is impossible to get my services back up and running?
Myself and my wife both work from home and having Internet access is imperative and means that it is impossible for us to actually make any money during the next few weeks.
Is it right that it is not possible to get my services back up and running? Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Services cut off early

@j1mcrane 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I understand, I’m just asking the question as to if anyone has been in a similar situation. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@j1mcrane 

Have you tried using a mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot to restore your connectivity temporarily?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Of course, though it doesn’t help with watching TV or any others large use services 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@j1mcrane 

OK, it's just that in your first post you said:

"Myself and my wife both work from home and having Internet access is imperative and means that it is impossible for us to actually make any money during the next few weeks."

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yes that’s right, the internet is pivotal in our work and it is not possible to use mobile tethering for this either. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Unless you were moving to a non-Openreach based provider, you shouldn't have contacted BT but left that to the gaining provider.

But that doesn't excuse the early termination. I'm afraid your tale of BT screwing up & then washing their hands of resolving their error is all too common on these forums. There is supposedly a department dedicated to resolving such issues, but it seems to be kept so secret that no one knows about it. Or maybe it's just a myth...

Hopefully one of the forum Mods will pick up your post & offer to step in to assist.